Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A day early! I have to work late tonight, but it would be awesome to come home to this. A great way to celebrate finalizing the project that has been kicking my butt.

Yeah, not sure if they really are delivering today or what...I would think it should be considered "out for delivery" by now

Also definitely excited about my own package!

TheMan said:
Yeah, not sure if they really are delivering today or what...I would think it should be considered "out for delivery" by now

Also definitely excited about my own package!

Yeah, we'll see. FedEx and UPS work late in my neighborhood. We should see it on the truck this afternoon if it will get here today.

Huhu huhu... "Package"... huhuhu.

image-3956398037.jpg

images.jpg

henh heh, henh heh... you said package... henh heh henh heh

This current list is brutal... I wish I had a single beer on it, and I sure as hell wouldn't be sharing it! maybe after I have had them I would share them... but shooooooot whoever fills this MAW, I want to come drink for a week in their cellar... and a day in Javier's!

Hey guys, I didn't realize how rare some of these beers are til I did a little more research. I knew that alot of them were hard to get, but damn, I didn't realize how rare some of them are. So, my appologies folks! Will add more soon! Thank you

Javier25 said:
Hey guys, I didn't realize how rare some of these beers are til I did a little more research. I knew that alot of them were hard to get, but damn, I didn't realize how rare some of them are. So, my appologies folks! Will add more soon! Thank you

Minus the LA Framboise , HF, and Cherry Rye, that is a whale list. I wish all of them to give up, share, or drink myself. I would probably be content with one of them and even add to get a lot of them. Good luck and I hope it gets made though.

Javier25 said:

It just comes down to the right person who wants to be generous.

Very generous. As in giving away some of the most expensive beer you have ever purchased in most cases.

A lot of those beers retail for >50 bucks

So, is it not ok to do so? Is there a price limit to generosity? If so, let me know what it is.

So, is it not ok to do so? Is there a price limit to generosity? If so, let me know what it is.

That's up to each person. Everyone has their own tolerance toward granting these wishes - there is no "right" or "wrong" level that needs to be used. I think the way it has been working has been fine - put all your whales up front and if nobody grants then add some easier/less expensive options until it someone does.

Your list is fine. If someone wants to grant it they will.

I personally cant bring myself to drink the BA Dark Lords I have, let a lone give them away.. :D

Your list is fine. If someone wants to grant it they will.

I personally cant bring myself to drink the BA Dark Lords I have, let a lone give them away.. :D

Lol, I agree...I've got the same problem. Think ill be drinking my barrel aged on my wedding day though....unless I chicken out.

Update:
The bruery: piapt, grey monday, filmishmish, black tuesday
Three Floyds: barrel aged dark lord (any) any colab with mikkeller
De Dolle: stille nacht reserva
Cigar City: barrel aged hunahpu
Cascade: any
Ithaca: le bleu ot any sour
Upright: blend love, fantasia, four play, or any sour
Upland: any lambic
Founders: cbs, blushing monk
Goose Island: any bourbon county especially cherry rye, vanilla, rare, king henry
Cantillon: any except the classic gueuze
Lost Abbey: churchill's finest hour, framboise de amarosa, amazing grace, veritas (any) duck duck gooze, yellow bus, any cable car, isabelle proximus
Midnight sun: M, berserker
Toppling Goliath: assassin, kentucky brunch, mornin delight
Hill Farmstead: any except Arthur.
Surly: darkness would prefer pre-12' but it's ok if not
3 fonteinen: any
Struise: black albert, or any of their sours
Eldridge pope / O'hanlon's: Thomas Hardy's (any year)
Deschutes: the abyss
Kuhnhenn: any mead or eisbock
Alesmith: any barrel aged
Russian river: beatification, framboise for a cure, bottleworks, toronado
Southampton: any lambic
Jackie O's: any dark apparition, any sour

blizzard said:
Won't be home from work for a few hours, but I suddenly feel an urge to leave early. Damn this 3pm conference call.

What's your address I'll open it up and check on it for you!

P.S I feel like I'm a part of this thread because I subscribed to it probably the day after key west started it. (Great job by the way) but I realized this is the first time I've ever posted in it. I have to admit I am dying to be able to fulfill someone's wish. But the only beer I've seen that I've been able to get my hands on is Brooklyn black ops. Can't wait to grant someone's wish. Good luck Javier.

Hyper dog is a great milk stout! They're working on an imperial version that I'm pretty excited about.

Just realized this is my 100th post! So I have a quick question on a rule here. I see that when a MAW is initially granted that there is a PM that is sent to the requester that starts the process, are they actually saying which beers are being sent? Or is that a surprise?

Hyper dog is a great milk stout! They're working on an imperial version that I'm pretty excited about.

Just realized this is my 100th post! So I have a quick question on a rule here. I see that when a MAW is initially granted that there is a PM that is sent to the requester that starts the process, are they actually saying which beers are being sent? Or is that a surprise?

Standard procedure is just to let them know you can grant it and leave the particulars a surprise.

Surprise!!!!

DrPhunk said:

First off congrats and welcome!

As the others have said... what you are sending is a surprise. The PM is so they know their wish list is being fulfilled and they can confirm with you that your the one picking it up. Also to get their shipping info. Once everything's confirmed the next person has the go ahead to post their wish list.

Great, thanks for clarifying! I picked a helluva list to become eligible on though. I could do it, just not sure I'm ready to take that plunge...

Back