Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To put things in perspective, here's a pic of the first grant pic posted in the thread. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406599598.702788.jpg

Wasn't someone getting all pics from this thread and posting it on a photo bucket account..or something like that..I do remember a link sometime ago..
Made some cool friends from this thread!

Wasn't someone getting all pics from this thread and posting it on a photo bucket account..or something like that..I do remember a link sometime ago..
Made some cool friends from this thread!

From what I remember that idea kind of fell by the wayside because people were just putting their pics up here and it became a hassle to go through the thread every so often and download and reupload to photo bucket (or whatever site it was)

im new to the homebrew game, so if anyone would like to send me some of there favorites I can have a craft beer tasting at my house.

So far ive kegged, a hard cider, belgium blonde, and a mexican lager....

my favorite cider is angry orchard. i tried and liked racer 5 ipa (new to ipa's) i like meguires red irish. But im really open to anything anyone would like to send me. Do we need to send money for the beer and shipping with this?

Thanks,
Bret

Lol! JJ's first pic is appropriate as arguably the most generous grantor in this thread.

Look at JJ's list in post #38

Updated list:

Surly darkness, four, five, smoke, pentagram

Fsw parabola

Founders cbs

Cigar city hunahpu, marshal zhukov, any of their sours (i've never had a sour from ccb)

New glarus serendipity, r&d sour ale, wisconsin belgian red
Russian river beatification, framboise for the cure
The bruery mother funker, chocolate rain, black tuesday, grey monday (impossible, i know, but worth a shot)

Three floyds dark lord, or any of the mikkeller colabs.

Thomas hardy's (any year)

Fiftyfifty (any)

Hill Farmstead Ann, birth of tragedy, fear and trembling, twilight of the idols

Lost Abbey (any of their sours except for red poppy)

Upright (any of their sours)

Upland (any of their lambics)

kuhnhenn (anything awesome! would love to see what all the fuss is about, especially the meads)

Brooklyn black ops
Alesmith (anything BA) decedance, kopi
Cisco (just the woods series)
Mikkeller mexas ranger
Struisse pannepot
De molen (any)
Cascade (any)
Deschutes the abyss
3 fonteinen (any)
Cantillon (any)

followed by this:

Wow this is a great idea for a thread but WOW this guys whole list is really expensive hard to get beers! You really are wishing if you think someone is just gonna give up some of those! I wish you luck but let's be reasonable here. You just keep adding more and more impossible beer! The trading that goes on in this site from what I've observed is mostly for reasonably obtained beer! If you want some big whales you might wanna start this thread over on beer advocate or rate beer! Hope someone helps this guy out so others have a chance to get some beer they've been looking to try!

I wonder what SillyWonka would think of the more recent lists, lol. My how things have changed...

I would feel like a dick after reading that, but I've granted stuff off that list and even some of it has been extras I've sent, and I haven't even thought twice about it...

Look at JJ's list in post #38

followed by this:

I wonder what SillyWonka would think of the more recent lists, lol. My how things have changed...

Javier is super generous, I know that from sharing beers in person. Only dude I know that had multiple chocolate rains and gave them all away before having it (I will fix that Javier!).

This was a great idea for a thread for sure. I need to grant soon when work slows down and I am actually home. Looked back at the first handful of pages and been following a long time, has the OP ever granted a wish after his being granted? If he is still in south Florida, I could use some of the new FB beers :)

Javier is super generous, I know that from sharing beers in person. Only dude I know that had multiple chocolate rains and gave them all away before having it (I will fix that Javier!).

This was a great idea for a thread for sure. I need to grant soon when work slows down and I am actually home. Looked back at the first handful of pages and been following a long time, has the OP ever granted a wish after his being granted? If he is still in south Florida, I could use some of the new FB beers :)
Mikeysab was like that with his CR for a while, hopefully he had had one by now otherwise I'll feel bad tomorrow because he sent me.

And I'm pretty sure OP is from Key West, FL(not sure why I think that, lol). He is pretty far away from just about any brewery from FL that would be on these lists.

Mikeysab was like that with his CR for a while, hopefully he had had one by now otherwise I'll feel bad tomorrow because he sent me.

And I'm pretty sure OP is from Key West, FL(not sure why I think that, lol). He is pretty far away from just about any brewery from FL that would be on these lists.

If Mikey hasn't had it yet I will share one with him also the next time I go to NYC!

Key west isn't a bad drive to Funky Buddha. I am farther away from any breweries that get listed here than that....still granted several. I am sure others have as well.

Page 666!
So what's funny is that I still haven't gotten ahold of like, 90% of that list! Lol
Heath, I would love to try that choc rain I've heard so much of lol :p
For the record, I've been blown away by the generosity that everyone has shown in thos thread. If my cellar wasn't looking like a deserted island, I would keep granting! Alas, I haven't been able to grant in a while. Hopefully I can hop on again soon!
Cheers homies!

I gave away 6 chocolate rains so far and still haven't had it. One in a MAW, one in an EMAW and another in a swap o rama. The others i traded for. I have one left and its been in my bottle/can fridge for about 3 months. Now I feel lije sending my last one to JJ ;).

This thread really is about being generous. I get more excited when a package is landing on someone elses porch than my own, especially a MAW. I know i'm not the only one that feels that way, too. This is a great thread. A lot of people have had a lot of beers they probably wouldn't have otherwise been able to acquire. It has evolved quite a bit, but imho, for the better. The hbt community is a great bunch.

I gave away 6 chocolate rains so far and still haven't had it. One in a MAW, one in an EMAW and another in a swap o rama. The others i traded for. I have one left and its been in my bottle/can fridge for about 3 months. Now I feel lije sending my last one to JJ ;).

This thread really is about being generous. I get more excited when a package is landing on someone elses porch than my own, especially a MAW. I know i'm not the only one that feels that way, too. This is a great thread. A lot of people have had a lot of beers they probably wouldn't have otherwise been able to acquire. It has evolved quite a bit, but imho, for the better. The hbt community is a great bunch.

If I would've known you had not had it yet I would not have made that part our trade. I will take care of Javier, you keep that last one. Then you'll understand why it is one of my favorite beers.

Did you ever do your apricot tasting?

Had a chocolate rain recently and you definitely have to share it with a bunch of people. 4 oz is more than enough with the sugary/chocolate sweetness. Though I bet it would go great over some vanilla ice cream!

If I would've known you had not had it yet I would not have made that part our trade. I will take care of Javier, you keep that last one. Then you'll understand why it is one of my favorite beers.

Did you ever do your apricot tasting?

I didn't do a side by side. The fou was calling my name since the second I laid eyes on it. It wasn't in my posession long. Theres no comparing that beer to any other. Worlds above filmishmish and cascade apricot, even though those two are very good beers.

As far as the CR goes, I did save myself one out of 8, and i'm fine with that. I got good stuff in return, and built good beer karma. That's a win in my book. It would have been nice to cellar one but I have no regrets. Theres always next year. Well, unless I choose CS cellar reserve ;)

Got one big ole bomb from absoluthamm. Haven't had any of these before and can't wait to try them!!! Thank you so much!!

1406758949946.jpg

1406758959745.jpg

I didn't do a side by side. The fou was calling my name since the second I laid eyes on it. It wasn't in my posession long. Theres no comparing that beer to any other. Worlds above filmishmish and cascade apricot, even though those two are very good beers.

As far as the CR goes, I did save myself one out of 8, and i'm fine with that. I got good stuff in return, and built good beer karma. That's a win in my book. It would have been nice to cellar one but I have no regrets. Theres always next year. Well, unless I choose CS cellar reserve ;)

I would enjoy sharing one with ya! I was gonna hit you up a couple months ago when I was on the way to Manhattan from VT to see if you wanted to share a few. Then I got delayed 3+ hours in Burlington and saw you were a ways away from manhattan so didn't bother. Got into LGA at 9 on a school night (hungover) so called it an early one. Def will let you know next time. I owe you a beer or a few. Glad you liked the Fou. it, and all loons, have that funk factor I wish the American sour brewers could get. A couple are getting there for sure!

Cantillon: Any Fou Foune, Any LP, St Lam, Vig, Blåbær

Allagash: Any Coolship, Merveilleux, Lil Sal, Needles

The Bruery: Wineification, Mocha Wednesday, Gray Monday, 2011 or older Black Tuesday

Lost Abbey: Cable Car, Any Veritas

3 Floyds: Any BA Dark Lord(except Moscatel), Murda'd Out, BA Behemoth

Drie Fonteinen: Framboos, A&T, Herfst, Schaerbeekse Kriek, Hommage, Any Season

Russian River: Beatification, FFAC, T25, Any 3L(;))

New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry

Jester King: Aurelian Lure, Cerveza de Tempranillo, Montmorency vs Balaton

The Rare Barrel: Any Wild

Cigar City: DB Hunahpu, BA Hunahpu, 110k+OTb2, Life is Like...

HF: Norma, Prolegomena, Juicy, Mimosa, Genealogy of Morals, BA Damon, Beyond Good and Evil, BA Everett, Flora, Elaborative #1/2, CD7

Side Project: Any

Perennial: BA Abraxas, BA Sump, BA 17, Abraxas, Coffee Abraxas

Cascade: Bottleworks XIV

SARA: Cask 200, West Ashley, Appreciation, Love's Armor

Ale Apothecary: Sahalie, Rum Barrel La Tache, Spencer

Alpine: Chez Monus

Boulevard: Love Child 1 or 2

Bells: BA9k, 750ml Black Note

Upland: Any Sour Reserve, Kiwi Lambic, Blackberry Lambic, Raspberry Lambic

Bullfrog: Any Le Roar Grrrz

Toppling Goliath: Morning Delight, KBBS, Assassin

Firestone Walker: Krieky Bones, Bretta Rose, PNC, Feral One

Cycle: RareR Dos

Funky Buddha: BA Muy Bonita

Goose: Rare, King Henry, Bramble, Prop, BCBVS, Cherry Rye

Jackie O's: Token of Our Extreme, Dynamo Hum, Rum Barrel Oil of Aphrodite, Chunga

Crooked Stave: Any WWB(ROYGBIV, besides Batch 60), Persica, Raspberry Dark Origins, Blackberry Dark Origins

Kane: Any ANTEAD(Vanilla preferred, but not necessary)

Logsdon: Peche N Brett

Westbrook: BA Mexican Cake, BA Siberian Black Magic Panther

Taps: Remy's Pappy, Trace of Remy

Alchemist: Petite Mutants

Pizza Port: Any Churchhill's Finest Hour

Foothills: BA Sexual Chocolate

Alesmith: Kopi, Jamaican or Vietnamese BA Speedway

Kuhnhenn: Bourbon Barrel Fourth Dementia, Raspberry Eisbock, BA Solar Eclipse

Forest and Main: Any Wild or Saison

Tired Hands: Parageusia1

Prairie: Pirate Bomb!

Spring House: BA Big Gruesome

Upright: Fantasia

Added the bold

If you're close, let me know.

Just a heads up tired hands para2 hasn't been released in bottles yet.. Just tasting at the anniversary party.. Other than that wish I could help you out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back