Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for some new but old stuff.
Avery - Momi hiwa
Kuhnhenn - BA solar eclipse
Hopping frog - Barille Aois
Clown shoes - very angry beast
Founders - better half
Bruery - grey Monday
Bruery - Melange No. 3
Cigar City - life is like - chocolate covered cherry
Toppling Goliath - KBBS
goose Island - cherry rye
Westbrook - BA Mexican Cake
FFF - BA Darklord
FFF - Murda'd out
Founders - CBS

Some Monday morning adds

Bruery Chocolate Rain
Kuhnhenn - BA Fourth Dementia
Cigar City - Huna (BA would be outstanding, but not full on requirement)
Avery - Mephistopheles

Think this is a good start. I can add more in a few days if necessary

Added some more to the listing.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I got some southern stuff up for the next adds, I'll probably post those on Wednesday. Thanks for checking :ban:

Let your list ride a while. Some have been taking a little while, but they get picked up eventually, your list isn't crazy. Plus the holiday week prob won't see much action anyway.

I saw one of these on the shelf the other day. This is definitely a doable list. Just not from me yet.

I'm sitting at a bar with Canti4341, his phone died but he said he will grant this wish. He will reply when he gets a charge on his phone, so y'all deal with this how you will.

Indytruks138 said:
I'm sitting at a bar with Canti4341, his phone died but he said he will grant this wish. He will reply when he gets a charge on his phone, so y'all deal with this how you will.

Have him log in on your phone?

We are splitting a 2009 bottle of black ops, he will confirm granted in his car once he can plug in...this night has been a MAW, we've had Odio Equum, Velvet Merkin, Sucaba, 2012 KBS, 2012 backwoods bastard, 2011 left hand widdershins, real ale benedictum, 512 5th anniversary, birra del borgo rubus lamponi...great night.

Confirmed now that my phone is plugged in. I can grant this. I'll send a pm when I get home.

For the upcoming list...

Be advised, I am going to a Tired Hands bottle release tomorrow night...Out of the Emptiness, a barrel aged Saison aged on Plums.

Good thing Tired Hands was already on my list. Here we go:

Cantillon – Fou Foune, Kriek, Lou Pepe Kriek, Lou Pepe Gueze or any Zwanze
Drie Fonteinen – Any other than classic gueze or intense red
Lost Abbey – Cable Car
Westbrook – Mexican Cake or any of the BA variants
Pipeworks – Raspberry Truffle Abduction, Unicorn’s Revenge
FFF – any BA Dark Lord, Murda’d Out, Permanent Funeral, BA BOTS
Allagash – Any Coolship
HotD – Adam from the Wood, Cherry Adam from the Wood
Alpine – Great
HF – any other than Everett (BA Damon or sours preferred)
Bruery – SitR Peaches/Kumkwat, Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain, Mother Funker, Beauregard
Dark Horse – BA Plead the 5th
CCB – BA Huna, Life is Like
RR – FfaC
Toppling Goliath – KBBS, Mornin’ Delight
Tired Hands – Any
Surly – Wet, Abrasive, Darkness
Crooked Stave – Persica, any Wild Wild Brett
New Glarus – Very Sour Blackberry

I'll add over the holiday weekend if there's no takers by then.

Oo was this the dinner release party that was impossible to get tickets to?

I dont think so but not sure, they just announced it on Facebook yesterday. They are selling bread and 400 bottles of the beer, they open at 4, i wont be there till 5 so hopefully there is something left.

I dont think so but not sure, they just announced it on Facebook yesterday. They are selling bread and 400 bottles of the beer, they open at 4, i wont be there till 5 so hopefully there is something left.

I was going to go too, but I also won't be there until 5. I am sure that I will miss out on the bottles, since the allotment is 6 per person.. Sucks for us working folks. :(

Yeah, that was disappointing - no way those are going to last more than 30 minutes. Canti, I'm not questioning what you want, but Wet & Abrasive are shelf beers that you can probably just trade to get (Wet might be getting hard to come by now.)

Yeah, that was disappointing - no way those are going to last more than 30 minutes. Canti, I'm not questioning what you want, but Wet & Abrasive are shelf beers that you can probably just trade to get (Wet might be getting hard to come by now.)

You could probably get Abrasive easy enough...Darkness seems like a good pick. Wet may be a little dated, but Abrasive is year round I think.

I will gladly take the advice of those with more experience than I and go for beers I won't easily see:

Cantillon – Fou Foune, Kriek, Lou Pepe Kriek, Lou Pepe Gueze or any Zwanze
Drie Fonteinen – Any other than classic gueze or intense red
Lost Abbey – Cable Car
Westbrook – Mexican Cake or any of the BA variants
Pipeworks – Raspberry Truffle Abduction, Unicorn’s Revenge
FFF – any BA Dark Lord, Murda’d Out, Permanent Funeral, BA BOTS
Allagash – Any Coolship
HotD – Adam from the Wood, Cherry Adam from the Wood
Alpine – Great
HF – any other than Everett (BA Damon or sours preferred)
Bruery – SitR Peaches/Kumkwat, Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain, Mother Funker, Beauregard
Dark Horse – BA Plead the 5th
CCB – BA Huna, Life is Like
RR – FfaC
Toppling Goliath – KBBS, Mornin’ Delight
Tired Hands – Any
Surly – Darkness, Seviin, Pentagram
Crooked Stave – Persica, any Wild Wild Brett
New Glarus – Very Sour Blackberry

If whoever takes this can/wants to throw abrasive or wet in there I wouldn't mind in the least. :D

**Edit - replaced the 2 Surlys with 2 different ones.

You could probably get Abrasive easy enough...Darkness seems like a good pick. Wet may be a little dated, but Abrasive is year round I think.

Abrasive is seasonal and just came out a couple weeks ago so it should still be good. But not MAW worthy.

Anyone have thoughts on Central Waters 16th anniversary BA release. I am on the fence about getting a ticket which guarantees an allocation of 8 bottles.
I've had 15 which was great. Never got a chance to try 1414 though.

Anyone have thoughts on Central Waters 16th anniversary BA release. I am on the fence about getting a ticket which guarantees an allocation of 8 bottles.

I would definitely go for it if you're somewhat close to the brewery! All of their BA stuff has been really solid. I'd be happy to take a couple off your hands right off the bat if you want? :D

BOOOM!!!! MAW hit today from StompingClover!!

Got the Surly treats I was looking for plus some great looking extras! The only beer in the bodice tried is Furious, which I'd happily drink on a regular basis if I had access to it!

Thanks so much! It'll be a nice treat before my time off. I've got a surgery scheduled for Monday so a few of these will help keep me occupied during my recovery.

image-3888408246.jpg

I would also take 2 off your hands if you wanted. Price paid plus a mystery growler from nebco in return as a thank you

DrPhunk said:
BOOOM!!!! MAW hit today from StompingClover!! Got the Surly treats I was looking for plus some great looking extras! The only beer in the bodice tried is Furious, which I'd happily drink on a regular basis if I had access to it! Thanks so much! It'll be a nice treat before my time off. I've got a surgery scheduled for Monday so a few of these will help keep me occupied during my recovery.
Awesome hit for sure!

BOOOM!!!! MAW hit today from StompingClover!!

Got the Surly treats I was looking for plus some great looking extras! The only beer in the bodice tried is Furious, which I'd happily drink on a regular basis if I had access to it!

Thanks so much! It'll be a nice treat before my time off. I've got a surgery scheduled for Monday so a few of these will help keep me occupied during my recovery.

View attachment 162677

Is Surly not being distributed out in Rockford at all now? It's all over over this way in the last week and a half.

Back