Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not in Rockford, different distributor here. We just got dogfish head last week and still don't get FFF... I saw that surly is in Chicago now but it won't be here for a long time...

Nope, not in Rockford, different distributor here. We just got dogfish head last week and still don't get FFF... I saw that surly is in Chicago now but it won't be here for a long time...

Well if you want any Surly or FFF, just let me know and I'll look for you. Maybe we can meet in the middle between Rockford and Aurora(I work there most of the time) and swap maybe some New Glarus or something else in Wisconsin that I don't get. I usually get my WI beers when I go to my lakehouse, but don't usually go up much in the winter.

I will gladly take the advice of those with more experience than I and go for beers I won't easily see:

Cantillon – Fou Foune, Kriek, Lou Pepe Kriek, Lou Pepe Gueze or any Zwanze
Drie Fonteinen – Any other than classic gueze or intense red
Lost Abbey – Cable Car
Westbrook – Mexican Cake or any of the BA variants
Pipeworks – Raspberry Truffle Abduction, Unicorn’s Revenge
FFF – any BA Dark Lord, Murda’d Out, Permanent Funeral, BA BOTS
Allagash – Any Coolship
HotD – Adam from the Wood, Cherry Adam from the Wood
Alpine – Great
HF – any other than Everett (BA Damon or sours preferred)
Bruery – SitR Peaches/Kumkwat, Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain, Mother Funker, Beauregard
Dark Horse – BA Plead the 5th
CCB – BA Huna, Life is Like
RR – FfaC
Toppling Goliath – KBBS, Mornin’ Delight
Tired Hands – Any
Surly – Darkness, Seviin, Pentagram
Crooked Stave – Persica, any Wild Wild Brett
New Glarus – Very Sour Blackberry

If whoever takes this can/wants to throw abrasive or wet in there I wouldn't mind in the least. :D

**Edit - replaced the 2 Surlys with 2 different ones.

Bump.

Yet again, I only have one on this list.

Added a few

Lost Abbey – Cable Car
Allagash – Any Coolship
Alpine – Great
Bruery – SitR Peaches/Kumkwat, Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain, Mother Funker, Beauregard
RR – FfaC
Tired Hands – Any

Upland - any sours
Cascade - any sours
Perennial - BA Abraxas

Here is a start

FFF – any BA Dark Lord, BA behemoth
Bruery – Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain
Alesmith - BA Speedway stout
Founders - CBS
I will add more this evening

YAY! What was the ESD? I'm out of the office after Friday. I'm sending my recip his big box of goodness in the AM (tomorrow) after I pay a visit to my local purveyor of fine tobacco products.

I would guess Thurs but the website has not updated yet. I'll PM you the tracking.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
YAY! What was the ESD? I'm out of the office after Friday. I'm sending my recip his big box of goodness in the AM (tomorrow) after I pay a visit to my local purveyor of fine tobacco products.

You should check out the HBT stogie thread. Pretty cool group of guys.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Sending a package of completely barrel aged brews. I'm thinking the best possible match up to this would be some Java espresso steeped box pressed cigars.

Anejos would be pretty killer since the wrappers are aged in cognac barrels but that would cost a pretty penny lol.

Anejos would be pretty killer since the wrappers are aged in cognac barrels but that would cost a pretty penny lol.

Indeed sir, indeed! When I was in Maui I had a bunch of these Kona cigars that had the wrappers were steeped in bourbon and the tobacco steeped in a dark Kona blend. They were absolutely heavenly and on the affordable side, too.

Added a few

Lost Abbey – Cable Car
Allagash – Any Coolship
Alpine – Great
RR – FfaC
Tired Hands – Any

Upland - any sours
Cascade - any sours
Perennial - BA Abraxas

Current list

Here is a start

Founders - CBS

I think this is the current list

Here is a start

Founders - CBS

Isn't this the current list?

Edit: Lol, beat me to it.

Hot damn what a beer! Might be one of the best extras I've received. Thanks again DrPhunk!

jcASOxD.jpg

Indytruks138 said:
Hot damn what a beer! Might be one of the best extras I've received. Thanks again DrPhunk!

No problem! It's still readily available just across the stateline if you ever want to trade for a few more.

No problem! It's still readily available just across the stateline if you ever want to trade for a few more.

My untappd check-in stated "This beer could be dangerous if I had easy access to it." And my wife agreed we wanted to see how it changed with age, I'll probably be hitting you up early next year for a trade!

My untappd check-in stated "This beer could be dangerous if I had easy access to it." And my wife agreed we wanted to see how it changed with age, I'll probably be hitting you up early next year for a trade!

Haha, I was just looking at that post on untappd literally 10 minutes ago! I was looking it up because I wasnt sure what I thought of it when I had it awhile back, and scanned the most recent checkins. Small world

pmcint01 said:

Literally everywhere in the state if WI... You can walk into a gas station, grocery, or liquor store anywhere and they'll have a display full of serendipity and strawberry rhubarb. Not to mention stacks of 6 pks piled floor to ceiling. New glarus is weird like that.

If your in Leslie Knope's home state, a MAW package will be at your door sometime today. Please pull up a chair and bother anybody who comes to the door for your big box of awesome.

If your in Leslie Knope's home state, a MAW package will be at your door sometime today. Please pull up a chair and bother anybody who comes to the door for your big box of awesome.

aaaaand delayed.

Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay

F-U UPS and your disruptions. Any broken bottles and there will be hell to pay.

Just a MAW PSA. JK Funk Metal is available again, and looks like they still have some Atrial available. Brewery only, sadly. Tasting Room Menus

Ol Oi, their sour brown ale was also recently released as a brewery only release, been available for onsite for a long time, just recently made available to go.

Updated.

Bruery – Grey Monday, Chocolate Rain, black tuesday
Bells - black note
Goose Island - King Henry, Bourbon County rare
CCB – BA Huna, Life is Like, Leon
Founders - CBS
Toppling Goliath - Kentucky Brunch
50/50 Eclipse (any)
BA sexual chocolate

BeerMeDuffMan said:
aaaaand delayed. Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay F-U UPS and your disruptions. Any broken bottles and there will be hell to pay.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Although I am quite nervous that the porch bomb about to land in town is going to cause mass chaos!

Can't wait for tomorrow! Although I am quite nervous that the porch bomb about to land in town is going to cause mass chaos!

Two MAWs landing on the same day. There may be a rift in the space time continuum if it happens at exactly the same time. I don't think the universe could handle an event like that.

Two MAWs landing on the same day. There may be a rift in the space time continuum if it happens at exactly the same time. I don't think the universe could handle an event like that.

dassa big booma jar jar

I need some porch love man! I feel the $ constraints of shipping to a dozen people at once though... the 12 beers of christmas is keeping me out of this game lately

dassa big booma jar jar

I need some porch love man! I feel the $ constraints of shipping to a dozen people at once though... the 12 beers of christmas is keeping me out of this game lately

Did CT get any BCBS this year? I have friends up there that were looking and couldn't find any.

Latest posts

Back