Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Novel idea for future wish lists folks, keep it as regional as possible. By adding something like Pipeworks to the current list and removing GB, it would probably seal the deal, just as an example.

I tried to make mine multi-regional. Northeast and Colorado. Otherwise you'll probably be getting some regions overloaded and others that can't get an edge in. And you never know what some people might have from other trades that they are willing to give up. For example, I have a couple 668's that I would part with one if it was on the list with only one Chicago beer, but if that Chicago beer wasn't listed because of region-specific MAWs, they would be missing out on something they want.

I got a couple cans. They fit nicely in my hands. Id let you hold em if you've got some nice cans too, that you'd let me hold. Id even say we should drink from them. If not, Id gladly keep my cans in my hands.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

We could go lay down by the bay and make things out of clay. I just may, what do you say?

I'll hit you up after the holidays (along with about 5 other people I need to trade with, lol)

Here's the new list

RR Pliny

RR any sours

New Glarus (any)

Heady topper

New England Brewing(any)

Hill Farmstead(any)

CC Jai Alai

Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza

Maine Brewing(any)

AleSmith Brewing(any

Im always looking for IPA and Sours

Id just make your list multi regional, unless you want a certain regions beers, but have enough from each region to make it a toss up for everyone. Of course its a little easier said than done. I think things are going just fine but it is something to think of when your making a list.

Id just make your list multi regional, unless you want a certain regions beers, but have enough from each region to make it a toss up for everyone. Of course its a little easier said than done. I think things are going just fine but it is something to think of when your making a list.

Yeah I tried to do a couple regions where I dont get their distro, with enough on the list from each region that either one could hit it if someone wanted to. It makes sense, but I don't think it needs to be a rule.

This just proves I need to do my blind IPA tasting. I will be putting up an ISO next year in conjunction with some friends, want to do a side by side w/ Pliny, Heady, Ghandi, Jai Alai, Zombie, a local or two to twist things up, and maybe a HF IPA if possible. Hardest part will be coordinating getting them all fresh.

This just proves I need to do my blind IPA tasting. I will be putting up an ISO next year in conjunction with some friends, want to do a side by side w/ Pliny, Heady, Ghandi, Jai Alai, Zombie, a local or two to twist things up, and maybe a HF IPA if possible. Hardest part will be coordinating getting them all fresh.

I want to come.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Lol too funny. That was my first hash tag lol. I'm 9 of 12 out of the bar menu. Three more and I get a tee shirt.

#getthattshirt

;)

Let me know if you need Jai Alai. The Publix here has it constantly.

rjbank said:
Here's the new list

RR Pliny

RR any sours

New Glarus (any)

Heady topper

New England Brewing(any)

Hill Farmstead(any)

CC Jai Alai

Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza

Maine Brewing(any)

AleSmith Brewing(any

Im always looking for IPA and Sours

Added some more

I did one this summer. Blind tasting among 5 of us. Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder, Ghandi Bot, along with my clone of heady topper, and a random stone beer (dont remember which one, but it wasnt even close to the other 4.

The best news was that my clone was competitive against the whole group, ranking well. Only one guy said "thats the homebrew".

I personally ranked GB 1st, HT 2nd, my clone 3rd, pliny 4th. The consensus was that pliny is third, but not far removed. GB and HT were competetive.

I havent had them side by side, but I can say for sure that zombie dust doesnt really belong in a comparison. Its really a pale ale with mega hop punch, versus and IPA or even IIPA. Its a helluva pale ale though! Now if you took FFF Permanent Funeral and matched it up... THAT I would like to see the results. I put it as top three, but hard to really discern the difference without that side by side... but I did have one in sept. and it was rediculously awesome.

Agreed on ZD. I've made 2 clones and have had plenty of ZD being in the distro, great pale ale, but no comparison to HT or PtE or Gandi. I think Gandi is better than the other 2 personally. I also had Snake Handler this past summer and I thought that was an excellent DIPA as well! (some of these will be on my MAW wishlist for sure!)

Mine is due to hit a porch tomorrow. I shipped asap for Christmas, with a bunch more new england brewing co love...

I just dropped yours off splattsmier. It says it should get to you by Monday. Sorry for slacking.

val214 said:
My package shows it was delivered in cockeysville MD.

Yours made it.. My father in law has it and hasn't opened yet... I will be there tomorrow to open it :) had you ship there in case it came to my house I'll be gone for a week... Birthday is Tuesday so I will enjoy what you sent then :) thanks again!

Back