country malt group order in the charlotte/greensboro n.c. areas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say give it another week or so. Even if we don't have 42, I'd be willing to go ahead and pay the little extra in shipping and the few cents more per pound. That's my opinion, at least.

I agree with Barc. If my logic is correct we will still pay the same amount per pound but will pay more per bag for the grain. I say this because I called North Country and was quoted the same price for a single bag as the price sheet show. However, the freight for 2 bags to the Raleigh area was $50 via Fed Ex. If we have 22 bags and the freight on a pallet is $180 that amounts to ~$8.20 per bag in freight instead of $4.05 for a full pallet. It still is a great savings.

I'm in for whatever you want to do. I do have a local source for 55 [email protected], so if I can beat that by a little bit to cover my labor and mileage, I'm good.

If someone wants to split some bags of crystal, we could do that too. I could definitely use some 60, 20, and 10 but I can't use 50 lbs. of each. Maybe split the bags 3 ways. Same goes for vienna, carapils, etc. Just an idea...

I could go in for a partial sack of Vienna and Carapils, maybe a third or fourth of a sack... I was debating asking the same thing.

3 of us are splitting a bag of Great Western 15L, we wanted 10L but doesn't seem to be available. Thomas Fawcett has a "Crystal Malt II" which is 62L - 68L and a Pale Crystal in the 20s, Franco-Belges has a caramel pilsen 8-12L and a couple others have Munich's in the 10 range.

I'd be up for splitting a bag of 60L or anything else with folks and if need be could go ahead and get another bag of 2-row.

Anyone want to split a bag of rice hulls? 38 cents/pound vs $2/lb locally. Kinda silly to have 50 pounds of rice hulls but its not like they'll go bad :-D

I'm definately in for 2 bags. I dont know of what yet though, as I have only brewed 1 AG batch to date. I printed the whole 34 page PDF so I can read it and decide on the throne. That is where great decisions are made.

Yep, 25. Hope we can reach 42 bags, so it will be worth my time.

I just put in for one bag of MO. I would also pick up random ends of some specialty malts as well if they were available.

Hey guys, I live in Raleigh and was just about to place an order with NCM (@ $22 shipping/bag!). So I'm in for a sack of best Pils, a sack of TF&S MO, and a sack of CMC 2-row. Thanks!

Up to 31 bags so far. I would like to go in thirds on a bag of Vienna with someone. I'm thinking of running this till Friday, and then order what we've got so far. Sound good?

Sounds good Reelale.

I'd go in for 1/3rd bag of Vienna. I guess we need a third.

OK. We've got partial comittments for 31 bags so far. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Here is what I propose: We'll run this 'till Friday. I'll order Monday IF I get the entire amount for the 31 bags paypal'd to [email protected] NLT Sunday, 3 April 2010. You all know what you want, and the price per lbs. is in the pdf catalog so no need to re-hash it here. As it stands now, shipping will be $5.75/bag. This will decrease a little if we get more. The price per lbs. will not decrease until we reach 37 bags. I have access to a fork-lift and enclosed building for off-loading. Sooooo send me ur money, I'll order and get a delivery date and time. Once I get that, we'll set a date and time for distribution. Barc and I want to go thirds on a bag of Vienna, so we need the last third. If, for some reason this thing falls through, I will refund all of your money post-haste. Sound good?

Just to avoid any confusion, the price per pound per the .pdf posted on page 1 (>=1000 lbs) * 55lbs is the same as the sack price? If we get to 37 sacks, should we change the 2000-4000# price range?

Just to avoid any confusion, the price per pound per the .pdf posted on page 1 (>=1000 lbs) * 55lbs is the same as the sack price? If we get to 37 sacks, should we change the 2000-4000# price range?

Yes, that is the bag price. And yes, if our total order is over 2000 lbs, we get the lower price.

I'm in for 3 sacks.

I'll hold off until tomorrow morning before I send my paypal in the event we get enough for the price and shipping drop.

Reelale, I can see you are anxious but maybe you should wait another week. For one, I just transfered funds to my paypal account but it will take 3-5 days to process. 2,some may not have paypal accounts and will need to set them up. 3, its a holiday weekend and a lot of members may not even log in to HBT.

Reelale, I can see you are anxious but maybe you should wait another week. For one, I just transfered funds to my paypal account but it will take 3-5 days to process. 2,some may not have paypal accounts and will need to set them up. 3, its a holiday weekend and a lot of members may not even log in to HBT.

You're right, hadn't thought of the holiday weekend. And I thought you didn't necessarily need to have an account to transfer money into someone's existing account. I'm flexible, whatever the majority wants to do is fine. We'll see how many respond today.

I'm in no rush. I can wait a week.

Once the order is placed, how long to get the grain? I assume just a few days?

Either way is OK with me. I'm fine waiting an additional week or not. It looks like we're pretty close to the magic 37 number. Aren't we at roughly 34 / 35 or so?

Are you counting the 1 Vienna we're thirding out? If not, that'll be another.

Anyone want to split a bag of Vienna?! We still need another.

You're right, hadn't thought of the holiday weekend. And I thought you didn't necessarily need to have an account to transfer money into someone's existing account. I'm flexible, whatever the majority wants to do is fine. We'll see how many respond today.

You may be right about the Paypal stuff, I dont know. I just think a lot of people are headed to the beach, mountains, or wherever right now and websurfing and grainbuying are not going to be priorities. It's going to be a beautiful weekend after a crappy winter.

Are you counting the 1 Vienna we're thirding out? If not, that'll be another.

Anyone want to split a bag of Vienna?! We still need another.

Yeah, I was counting that. Yes, who wants to go 1/3 on a 55-lbs. of Vienna?

I'll take the other 1/3 of Vienna. I figure I can find a use for it pretty easily.

I'd be up for splitting a bag of 60L too if anyone cared.

Everyone paying attention here be sure to check out the GRABASS event this Saturday here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/grabass-brew-n-q-4-3-10-a-168926/

Would probably do ReelAle a big favor if we could pay the man on Saturday so he doesn't eat any PayPal fees.

Would probably do ReelAle a big favor if we could pay the man on Saturday so he doesn't eat any PayPal fees.

Thank you for that! I almost forgot about the fees. I think the sender can pay those upfront, or it's free if from a paypal or direct transfer from bank account. I'm not sure if I can make it Saturday, would really like to but just not sure yet.
ppal.jpg

Looks like we're up to 35 bags now.

The way I figure it, I am going to go ahead and pay now, assuming we don't get to the price break point. If we get there, Reelale can keep the extra for his troubles.

In fact, I think I'll tip him a few bucks anyway.

Hmmmmm.... i just paid, but I didn't see any place for me to check off who was covering the paypal fees (I used my credit card for the funds). I thought there would be a follow-up screen showing the fee stuff, but there wasn't. Just a "We have sent your payment. Thanks." page.

I guess this means the fees for my order are getting socked to Reelale. I sent $45 to cover a $40.95 order... so the money for the fees is covered, but it means my tip wasn't as large as I had intended.

Sorry about that, man!

OK. I see what happened. When you send money, you have two ways of classifying it. One is "purchase" and the other is "personal".

If you select "purchase" (the default), the fees will automatically get assigned to Reelale. If you select "personal", I think you get to choose who pays.

Keep that in mind!

paypal.jpg

OK. I see what happened. When you send money, you have two ways of classifying it. One is "purchase" and the other is "personal".

If you select "purchase" (the default), the fees will automatically get assigned to Reelale. If you select "personal", I think you get to choose who pays.

Keep that in mind!

Good to know. I'm no PayPal expert like SWMBO is. Thanks Walker. I'll keep it in mind. 2.9% on 2000lb of malt is likely to sting!

Are we still below the price drop point?

The way I figure it, I am going to go ahead and pay now, assuming we don't get to the price break point. If we get there, Reelale can keep the extra for his troubles.

In fact, I think I'll tip him a few bucks anyway.

All tips are graciously accepted:)

Keep that in mind!

Thanks for that Walker. I can't absorb those fees on this large of an order.

Good to know. I'm no PayPal expert like SWMBO is. Thanks Walker. I'll keep it in mind. 2.9% on 2000lb of malt is likely to sting!

Are we still below the price drop point?

Remember it's free if a direct transfer from an existing PayPal account or bank account. Still at 34-35 bags so far.

Hmmmmm.... i just paid, but I didn't see any place for me to check off who was covering the paypal fees (I used my credit card for the funds). I thought there would be a follow-up screen showing the fee stuff, but there wasn't. Just a "We have sent your payment. Thanks." page.

I guess this means the fees for my order are getting socked to Reelale. I sent $45 to cover a $40.95 order... so the money for the fees is covered, but it means my tip wasn't as large as I had intended.

Sorry about that, man!

Got your PayPal. Thanks.

Back