Corona Mill Cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarlock

Reaction score
Neat. I like that 3D printed one. I wish my wife's engineer friend lived closer. I'd have so many projects for him in the brewery...

I had similar issues, and got really, really low class and cut myself a shield out of an old ice cream container. It's not pretty but it works. Plus I brew pretty small batches, so it isn't as in-the-way as it seems. Maybe something shoddily constructed will help in the short term until you find a more permanent solution.

You're right, it's time to get creative. No problems with shoddily constructed solutions here. After all, I'm rocking an "ugly junk corona mill" mounted in a bucket. Thanks man!!

Posted the question in the 3D printer thread to see if anyone has interest in making them. You can find that post here if you have interest in buying one if they will make them.

Homebrew Talk 3D Print Thread.

Damn, I hope they take you up on that it looks like a great design. I don't have a corona mill just thought this was a great idea.

My Corona mill came with a sheet metal cover, but it's been lost for years. It did not have a discharge chute. I've been thinking about trying to fabricate one from a juice can using tin snips and a Dremel. The problem is I don't really remember what it looks like well enough. Meanwhile I just cup my hand over the top to keep grain from flying everywhere.

I've seen people fashion them from deli containers or dip cups. I just mounted my Corona mill inside a 5 gallon bucket, cut a hole in the bucket lid for the mill hopper, and put the lid on while milling.

Back