Coor's Hard Seltzer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S-Met

Department of Redundancy Department.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Passed a billboard on my way home from work today, apparently Coors is in the hard seltzer game. Just wondering if I'm missing something? I mean, they already have coors light which is probably closer to a lightly hopped seltzer than a beer, except I'm not even sure there is any hops. I imagine Coors was like, "our lite beer already lacks flavor, why don't we save money on hops and cover up any flaws with a little flavor concentrates."

Was it called Coors super extra light? Fewer calories and same lack of flavor.

Don't know, but coor's and Molson are related. Had no idea until today. Maybe I'll get some Molson ice to remind me that there is even worse things than natty ice.

Are there any, popular, fizzy yellow, brewing companies that don’t offer a seltzer? I give you-
8FA32784-9A21-4421-B8E5-46B73F51BC97.jpeg

I would suggest that seltzer has become to BMC style breweries what hazy IPAs and pastry stouts have become to craft brewers.

Took a look at the PBR page...looked legit until I came across the Hard Coffee. Definitely believe its a prank now.

4CEC8EA9-90D5-4593-827A-3500CDED1DB7.jpeg

Still want to try the whiskey though

I've had the PBR coffee. It's like an alcoholic frappachino. It's...fine?

Lots of brewers, large and small, are on the hard seltzer bandwagon. With how cheap it is to make, and how that segment of the market is growing, and that it can be made with existing equipment, it's stupid business not to do it.

Of course a lot of craft ones taste like garbage. Big ones too for that matter.

Dude. It's 2020. How are you not getting the weirdness yet?
I keep thinking “2020 can’t get any stranger” then bammo! Hard coffee in a can. Its like my regular morning coffee, but prepackaged.

I tried that hard coffee in the store at the beginning of the year. man, it was gross... really sweet and had that malt beverage twang to it. Not very good. I'd rather just have irish coffee.

And 8% hard seltzer?? We'd call that high gravity malt liquor back in the day. I'm sure i'd rather have an old english or st. ides over 8% seltzer.

damn, that hard coffee is giving me ideas.......i've been trying to figure out how to start drinking earlier, seriously, i don't like having to skip beer and drink coffee in the morening.....but now i'm thinking, like cold brew coffee, 5 gallon batch, add some homemade hooch, put it in a keg with a bit of sugar, but i'm worried if i add milk it will spoil......wonder what the shelf life of a half gallon of soy milk is.....

(@day_trippr it'd be like your nightime stout, only for breakfast! ;))

damn, that hard coffee is giving me ideas.......i've been trying to figure out how to start drinking earlier, seriously, i don't like having to skip beer and drink coffee in the morening.....but now i'm thinking, like cold brew coffee, 5 gallon batch, add some homemade hooch, put it in a keg with a bit of sugar, but i'm worried if i add milk it will spoil......wonder what the shelf life of a half gallon of soy milk is.....

(@day_trippr it'd be like your nightime stout, only for breakfast! ;))
just make a keg of irish coffee minus the irish cream. You can add that after you pour it.
or
make a big oatmeal chocolate stout and do espresso car bombs with it. Those are damn tasty and a good way to start the day! Haha.

Back