Coopers kit Saison bubbling for 7 days already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicid

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Is it common for Saison to bubbling for so long?
I brew it last thursday, used Danstar Belle Saison yeasts and OG was 1.062

I'm quite new to homebrewing, but 3 my previous ale and stout batches finished bubbling after 3-4 days, but this guy seem donwanna stop :)

You're gonna be just fine. :)

Do you have a way to measure specific gravity? Amount of bubbling in the airlock is an unreliable measure of how fermentation is going.

What's the gravity at now?

I'm mostly curious since I want to use this yeast for my Spring Into Saison brew next spring, but also, we don't know how much fermentation has taken place until we know the gravity.

Yeast don't read the same books we do, so sometimes they confound our expectations.

I don't know your recipe, and I've never used that yeast, BUT... saison is a fairly dry beer, it's supposed to finish with a low gravity, and recipes often contain simple sugars to help with the low finish. The fact that your yeast is still going is a good sign.

Cheers!

ETA: No point in checking gravity until things have quieted down in there. Give it the time it needs.

I made a batch with Belle Saison last spring, and it bubbled for a good long time. I think it went 10 or 12 days.

The first time I used Belle Saison my recipe didn't call for any sugar added so I didn't add it. It finished at 0.995. The second one was at 1.000 when I last checked it at 17 days from pitching.

Hi folks,

Is it common for Saison to bubbling for so long?

I brew it last thursday, used Danstar Belle Saison yeasts and OG was 1.062

I'm quite new to homebrewing, but 3 my previous ale and stout batches finished bubbling after 3-4 days, but this guy seem donwanna stop :)

I've used Belle Saison in two batches this year. Both started in the mid 1.060's on both and ended @ 1.003. Both stayed in primary @
Least ten days. I moved to secondary for about a week to added freshly cracked peppercorns.
Nice and clean on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Great , guys, thanks for sharing your experience!

It seems stopped at 1.004, just measured and drunk the samle :) What the excellent flavour! Fruity, intresting i'd say very light blossom-like aroma, a bit sweety but not much. No any alcohol-like or "sider"ish side flavours, no yeasty smells - just clear excellent "fruit set". I start to like it as it is :) Lets see whats going to be there after one more week in primary (I'm not going to move it into secondary this time, just route it via primary-to-bottles way :)

Back