Coopers Carb Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoRoom4Error

Reaction score
I have only 500 ml bottles. Will I get gushers or bombs if I used 2 drops per bottle? Package says ONE drop is good for 375ml and 2 drops for 750ml.

They're garbage. Prime with dextrose. 1oz per gallon.

I ruined an otherwise great batch with them...

I use Coopers drops to carbonate couple bottles from kegged batch and I always have good results. I use 2 drops per 1 Grolsch bottle. Not sure what size they are, close to 500 ml perhaps?

I'm going to go ahead a drop 2 of them into a 500 ml bottle. Bottle bombs or wonderfully fizzy cider here I come!!!

Hi From a noob!, a quick question on carbonating.

I've just done my first Caramel apple cider recipe:

1 Gal of apple juice
2 cups brown sugar caramelized in 1/2 cup of water, cooled and added to apple juice.
5g Black rock beer yeast.

Started with an gravity reading of 1.070 and finished after 7 days at 1.010 (room temp of about 20deg c consistently). online abv calc says it should be 8%

I took it out of the primary into a 1 gal carboy because my primary was too big. The mix stunk like eggs which I've assumed is normal, i had a taste and it tastes great and is carbonated. is this normal? Will letting it clear mean I'll lose the carbonation? I've got one bubble from the airlock approximately every 1-1/2 minutes.
It's just slightly sweet, and I would like it to clear but stay similar to what it's like at the moment.
have a done the wrong thing racking it? will I need to add drops or dextrose upon bottling? can I bottle now or soon (in plastic for my first few to avoid explosions!)

Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back