Converting to 2 tap tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtoms

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a nostalgia electrics kegerator which came with a 2.5 inch diameter tower. I would like to convert this into a 1-column, 2 faucet tower as the refrigerator will easily hold 2 corny kegs. Problem is, all of the 2-tap towers I can find online seem to be 3-inch diameter. Should I attempt to drill a bigger hole in the top of the kegerator? Or should I try to add a faucet to my existing 2.5 inch tower? Has anybody run into this kind of thing before? Thanks for your help!
Dan

You can keep the hole in the kegger the same. The only thing to worry about going with the 3" diameter, is the mounting holes. The hole for the beer lines just need to fit two beer lines through it. You may have to drill new mounting holes. Does the kegerator have a false top? Something that would be easy to drill into without hitting the refrigerator directly?

Look here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#clip-on-nuts/=olcnfw

I would recommend style 3 or 4, and open up the OUTER skin only, so that the clip nuts will "reach" the mount pattern of the larger diameter tower.

You can cut the outer skin with a pair of tin snips, ( left or right hand cut "aviation snips")

Piece of cake!

Granted, it would have more rigidity if it were through bolted, if the structure was sufficient, but it's not going to be like you're swinging on it or anything...............Course I've never seen you after a couple of beers.......:)

Latest posts

Back