Convert ball lock to pin lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toejam792

Reaction score
Hi I just purchased 18 keg shells. 12 Firestone ball lock and 6 corny ball lock. I all ready have 14 pin lock kegs and everything I have is pin lock. My post for the pin lock don't work on either ball lock. Seeing as how I need to buy post for these new kegs I'd rather just get the pin lock posts and not have to worry about 2 separate systems. If you guys know anywhere that sells them let me know, thanks.

I saw the craigslist ad for those, but didn't know what to offer on them. I was guessing like $100 or so since they need so many parts.

Thanks a lot guys but at those prices I think I'm better off having both pin and ball till I get mad enough to switch to all ball lock.

Totally understandable. Those are competitive prices, too, but SS fittings are pricey bastids these days.

A somewhat less expensive solution is likely to outfit all your gas and beer lines with FFL fittings and keep enough QDs with MFL stems of both species on hand to cover the two worst case scenarios: all kegs on-line are either all ball lock or all pin lock...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back