Control Panel Selector Switches and Indicator Light Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adpostel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What brand or where can I order the selector switches and LED indicator lights to build a control panel? I am trying to build a 240v single element, single pump and aux control panel. I have a working control panel now that is too large for what I need. Just trying to reconfigure it for a smaller footprint. I am also gonna order an EZBoil after reading everything BobbyM has posted about it.

This is what I have now... Only the left My pin TD4 is being used.

Attachments

• 1124200502.jpg
    1124200502.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 1124200502_HDR.jpg
    1124200502_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 1124200503_HDR.jpg
    1124200503_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 1124202041_HDR.jpg
    1124202041_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 1124202042.jpg
    1124202042.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
If that Chinese SSR fails on you (and be careful, it will most likely fail closed leading to a dangerous always on situation), hit me up and I'll sell you one of my Teredyne ones. They are seriously reliable. For switches, I used to use the lighted push button ones sold by electric brewing. Utter crap, I don't think they sell them any more. The latching mechanism to turn the momentary switch into continuous failed on each one I had. The twin metal screws to tighten against the back of the panel were garbage too. I just rebuilt using rotating knob switches from Auberins instead. They mount better too using a circular collar. Make sure your power is GFCI protected. I put in a digital ammeter in mine so that I can monitor the power draw when the element is on.

Since I'm probably gonna replace the Mypin TD4 PID with an Auber EZBoil, I looked at Auber's SSR and it is made in China, too... Are they a different quality? Or just different labels?

Since I'm probably gonna replace the Mypin TD4 PID with an Auber EZBoil, I looked at Auber's SSR and it is made in China, too... Are they a different quality? Or just different labels?
Avoid Fotek branded SSR's. There are a lot of counterfeit Foteks that use substandard internal components. Auber SSR's or Mager are a better choice. These are not top of the line, but I haven't seen reports of problems with them (unlike Foteks.) If you want top self, then look at Crydom, Teledyne, etc. A mid level SSR should be fine if you use a proper heatsink with it.

Brew on :mug:

Back