Quantcast

Control Panel Selector Switches and Indicator Light Supply

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

adpostel

Reaction score
What brand or where can I order the selector switches and LED indicator lights to build a control panel? I am trying to build a 240v single element, single pump and aux control panel. I have a working control panel now that is too large for what I need. Just trying to reconfigure it for a smaller footprint. I am also gonna order an EZBoil after reading everything BobbyM has posted about it.

spittybug

Reaction score
If that Chinese SSR fails on you (and be careful, it will most likely fail closed leading to a dangerous always on situation), hit me up and I'll sell you one of my Teredyne ones. They are seriously reliable. For switches, I used to use the lighted push button ones sold by electric brewing. Utter crap, I don't think they sell them any more. The latching mechanism to turn the momentary switch into continuous failed on each one I had. The twin metal screws to tighten against the back of the panel were garbage too. I just rebuilt using rotating knob switches from Auberins instead. They mount better too using a circular collar. Make sure your power is GFCI protected. I put in a digital ammeter in mine so that I can monitor the power draw when the element is on.

OP
A

adpostel

Reaction score
Since I'm probably gonna replace the Mypin TD4 PID with an Auber EZBoil, I looked at Auber's SSR and it is made in China, too... Are they a different quality? Or just different labels?

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm probably gonna replace the Mypin TD4 PID with an Auber EZBoil, I looked at Auber's SSR and it is made in China, too... Are they a different quality? Or just different labels?
Avoid Fotek branded SSR's. There are a lot of counterfeit Foteks that use substandard internal components. Auber SSR's or Mager are a better choice. These are not top of the line, but I haven't seen reports of problems with them (unlike Foteks.) If you want top self, then look at Crydom, Teledyne, etc. A mid level SSR should be fine if you use a proper heatsink with it.

Brew on :mug: