Contract Brewing UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingStone

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to start a brewery but honestly, I have no actual experience with commercial equipment or brewing such a big batch.

I know there are brands started off with contract brewing and I am now considering this. I have spoken to a distributor of restaurants and bars and he says he is willing to buy my beer. So, in reality I may have a great opportunity to start something might grow fast. BUT, I do not know anything about contract brewing. If I need to get a licence, how to get my 5 gallon recipe to commercial size. I have special blend coffee filtered and added into boil at last 15mins.

So, can you please help me to understand;
Do I need a licence ?
Do I need to have a brewery or any permissions as I am not planning producing any beer at the level.
How to adjust the recipe?
Is the recipe safe?

And MOST Importantly,

Do you know any company in London or anywhere on Thames, as I would like to get my brew to be done with the same water.

Thank you for your help in advance
Zeki

This is all pretty high altitude stuff for this group, which caters more to the home brewer. While there have been no small number of HBTers that have "graduated" to Pro status, best as I can recall over my time here, they all acquired their own breweries.

I recommend you check out http://www.probrewer.com/ and see if there are folks on your side of the pond that can lend some experience.

Cheers! And Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back