Connect 2 primary regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
I'm tryin to find some info on connecting 2 primary regulators. I bought a box of miscellaneous keg stuff and the 2 regulators turn out to be pretty nice. The thing is they are both primary.

Can I connect these together?

If so, what part do I need?

If you want to run them at different pressures, you will need to spit the output from the tank and run a seperate line to each reg. Not sure what fittings you would need. Might just be easier to sell the two regs you have and buy a two body regulator.

Yeah, I would like to be able to run them at different pressures.

You can't just connect them and run them at different pressures?

Why is that?

Yes, that is what that part does. Take the high pressure gauge off of one regulator, take the part that attaches the CO2 tank to the regulator off the other regulator. Put that nipple between the 2. You can run 2 different pressures. This is exactly what I did.

Yes, that is what that part does. Take the high pressure gauge off of one regulator, take the part that attaches the CO2 tank to the regulator off the other regulator. Put that nipple between the 2. You can run 2 different pressures. This is exactly what I did.

That makes sense, I didn't think about using the gauge port.

You will also want to verify that the threads are indeed left hand. From what I have heard not all high pressure sides of the regulators are left hand thread.

x2. this is exactly how my regulators are set up.

Same here, I have 2 primaries with a high pressure hose to the tank on top of the freezer... I still dont understand why one would need a primary feeding secondaries. Anyone know the benefit?

Back