Conicals!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdbc2011

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394849556.669124.jpg

Just got home from vacation and these were waiting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394853214.292791.jpg

Only took about 10 minutes to assemble. Will wash, use Teflon tape on the threads tomorrow and brew Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Very nice!

How do you clean them? They look too tall to reach all the way to the bottom.

Very nice!

How do you clean them? They look too tall to reach all the way to the bottom.

They are 7 gallons so they are pretty small. I can easily reach the bottom. It should only take a couple of minutes to disassemble one to clean. Instructions say to use warm soapy water the first time, pbw, then starsan.

Oooohhhh......Shiny:D! Very nice, you'll love fermenting with a conical. My advice....order extra gaskets, and don't forget to take the valves apart too for cleaning.

Nice equipment. Use the fitting on the dome to inject a couple of pounds CO2 when it's time to keg. Hook the racking port to a hose with a cornie "out" connector on one end of the hose and push the beer into the bottom of a purged cornie, with the priming solution in the bottom. Keep the keg relief open while filling. No air, no gravity, no pump.

What kind of cooling and temp probe are you going to use? I like that the conical has a built in thermowell. What is the diameter of the thermowell?

Nice equipment. Use the fitting on the dome to inject a couple of pounds CO2 when it's time to keg. Hook the racking port to a hose with a cornie "out" connector on one end of the hose and push the beer into the bottom of a purged cornie, with the priming solution in the bottom. Keep the keg relief open while filling. No air, no gravity, no pump.

I will definitely give that a try. I have plenty of "out" fittings, just have to get an additional fitting for the dome.

What kind of cooling and temp probe are you going to use? I like that the conical has a built in thermowell. What is the diameter of the thermowell?

I have a fridge for the summer with a Johnsons Control. I also have two STC 1000's that I will make temp controls for in the future. I brewed an APA yesterday and I just used one of my digital thermometers and it worked pretty good....sitting at 68 degrees at room temp.

I do not know the diameter of the thermowell but both the johnsons control and stc 1000 probes fit.

Back