Conan yeast and hops. Best combinations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeStrandsBrewing

Reaction score
Hey, all:

I'm planning on brewing a small batch (3 gal) APA using a pitch of Conan yeast in a few days. I'm pretty locked in on my grain bill, but having some trouble deciding on what hops to use. I plan to do a FWH with some heavy handed additions in the last few minutes, and whirlpool and dry hop, too. I've currently got a few ounces of the following:

Nelson Sauvin, Bravo, Columbus, Cascade, Crystal, Amarillo, Nugget

Let me know what you think might make for a good combo with those options. Trying to keep it simple, but also want to see what this yeast can do to showcase the hops.

Thanks!

I think the combination of Columbus and Nelson Sauvin is one of the best, especially with the juicy Conan peachness. If you have to, use Cascade or Amarillo for some bulk, you probably won't notice them too much, just broaden the flavor a bit.

I would go with amarillo and nelson as the primary flavor and aroma components. Amarillo especialyl can make a similar peachy flavor like conans esters

FWIW, I use conan for all my regular/black/white ipas and my favorite combo to date is belma, huell melon, and citra. Very unique sweet berry/melon flavor that turns the IPA into like a fruit salad

Back