Combining electric systems: BrewBoss or Brewha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgar2121

Reaction score
I posted in a thread yesterday about the Brewha BIAC, but I am still looking for a little help.

First of all, I have lurked on this site for years, but I finally have a little disposable income coming my way, and am ready to purchase some equipment and get started. I want to get the equipment that I am going to use, and learn on, and not have to go back and grab stuff after the fact, if that makes sense. I want it to be pretty much all I will need for a good while. I would figure I have about 6-7k to spend.

I am looking primarily at electric systems, in particular the Brewha BIAC and BrewBoss... As a beginner, I want to find a system to really learn on, with the hopes of one day... ONE DAY... having enough knowledge to add "in-house" beers in one of my restaurants.

The BrewBoss system catches my eye because I LOVE the controller and the tablet based "instructions". I know I will eventually not need them, and it may be sooner rather than later, but in the beginning, it seems to be a huge help, as well as automating some of the work and finer details. Was also thinking about using Fast Fermenters as the conicals with this system. Not very expensive, and to me seem like a great setup for transferring to kegs after the fermentation.

The Brewha system is also on the wish list, just due to the fact that it can ALL be accomplished in one vessel, and unless I wanted to brew back to back, it would be less work around the brewing (cleanup, etc). If I did want to brew back to back, I could always use the Fast Fermenters in this situation as well.

I guess in an ideal world, and it may be possible, would be to use the BrewBoss controller and app with the BIAC. Is that possible?

Also, if you have any....ANY advice at all you can offer would be FANTASTIC!! (other than calling me a fool for spending that much money on something that I could spend half the amount on - in the restaurant industry, I am just now getting to the point of having a few hours a week where I could brew, and don't want to have to hunt and search for pieces to put together when they get to my house).

Thanks! (apparently I have more time on my hands than I thought, I just wrote a novel above!)

Last edited:
First, spend what you want on your hobby. I live by the philosophy that no one should yuck someone else's yum. Apply it here. ;)

I am not familiar with the Brewha system in the sense of controlling it via the BrewBoss controller. You have probes and such, but I'm not sure how you can get that to work with BrewBoss.

I went with the traditional 3-vessel system and in doing so, I decided there may be a time I want to do back to back batches. In fact, I wish I were up and running today because I would like to do two batches Sunday. Anyway, I know you can achieve this in the Brewha system by dumping into a new fermenter, so at that point why wouldn't you buy that one? It does seem significantly pricer, but it is a turnkey system. I would just want to buy as large as I can because as far as I can tell, unlike a traditional 3-vessel system, if I want to upgrade in size, I am stuck buying an entirely new system. With my 3-vessel/2 element system, I can move up in kettle size and still use everything else.

Back