Color of beer is not what expected.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I took a recipe off the database. It was the common room esb. Someone posted a PM version of it and I brewed that. I took a few bottles out two weeks in and poured and the color is definetly not as red as the picture.

Could my color be off because I mashed too high?? or could it be because it was converted to a partial mash?

Instead of being a nice redish copper color my beer came out a lightish copper/orange color a little more lighter then the original...

Could be the change to partial mash took out a malt that gave it the darker red color. Or maybe not enough of it.?

Whats strange is that i opened two last night and they were the perfect color. Could it be some bottles are fine and others are screwed up?? and no the partial mash did not substitute grains that where used for color.

Whats strange is that i opened two last night and they were the perfect color. Could it be some bottles are fine and others are screwed up?? and no the partial mash did not substitute grains that where used for color.

Were you viewing them in different lighting conditions?

Were both of the beers clear? Sounds like you just had some yeast still in suspension in the one that looked light. Leave 'em in the fridge for a while and they should all even out.

Yea they where definetly more clear. I was thinking the same thing. Yeast was definitly in suspension. Also, the lighting was no different. Both where put up to the light and checked...

Yea they where definetly more clear. I was thinking the same thing. Yeast was definitly in suspension. Also, the lighting was no different. Both where put up to the light and checked...

Ok then I would definitely agree with the yeast being in suspension.

Latest posts

Back