Cold Plate fittings - only one size included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicMatt

Brewmathemagician
Reaction score
I recently scored a 7-circuit cold plate on eBay. It came with the fittings still sealed in a bag. The issue is that all of the fittings seem to be 1/4", and I know that the "in" side of cold plates are supposed to use 5/16".

I am building a jockey box and need to have it for next Tuesday (1 week). Will using the 1/4" fittings for both the "in" and "out" sides work, or should I order the correct "in" size online and have it rush shipped?

If it makes a difference, I plan to double pass the beer through the cold plate. Each pass is 12ft of SS tubing.

Thanks!

Do you have 1/4" fittings on your liquid disconnects at the keg? If so - run it all 1/4". I'm not home, so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure that's how I constructed mine.

Yeah I have 1/4" all the way around (keg QDs, tailpieces, etc). Using 3/16" beer line.

I went ahead and used them. I mean it's only 1/16" difference, I can't imagine (read: hope it doesn't) that it makes too much of a difference. I'll just have to test it out before Tuesday to make sure.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back