Cold crashing and bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonebender101

Reaction score
If I cold crash my brew prior to bottling and use fizz drops for the priming sugar, will there be enough yeast? to produce CO2?

Almost certainly.

Another question about cold crashing. Is there any point to it when you plan to keg? It seems to me that as soon as a put the keg in my keezer for serving, then I'm basically cold crashing it "in situ." The first pour might be a little yeasty but after that, it runs clear. So again, any point to cold crashing BEFORE I keg?

Another question about cold crashing. Is there any point to it when you plan to keg? It seems to me that as soon as a put the keg in my keezer for serving, then I'm basically cold crashing it "in situ." The first pour might be a little yeasty but after that, it runs clear. So again, any point to cold crashing BEFORE I keg?
I don't keg, but I'd imagine it's the same reason as to cold crash before bottling: keeping the yeast sediments as small as possible, the less yeast at the bottom the less beer has to be left behind.

Latest posts

Back