Cold Crash Guardian...garbage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheriffWhiteChocolate

Reaction score
Gotta say, I have never been so disappointed in a product and customer service before in my life. Picked up two of these, and the caps cracked on the first use. No big deal, bobby takes some time to email me back and sends me two new caps, with instructions to cut the barbs. I cut the barbs exactly like instructed. Then one of the caps crack again. Email bobby and now I have no response. Its been over a month since I emailed him the first time, and I've tried some follow up emails. Glad it was only $12, but it definitely will keep me from shopping at brewhardware ever again. Might see what I can do with the working parts and make something work, great idea, but not great execution, but I am absolutely appalled but how its been handled. People talk highly of bobby, but my experiences have been to the contrary

You are right.. I'm a terrible person. I took everyone's 12 dollars and I'm on my way to the Bahamas. Or it could be that I'm working on a better solution and will make everyone whole when I get it figured out. Unfortunately we have the highest order volumes in my business's history and I havent had enough time to dedicate to this project yet.

You are right.. I'm a terrible person. I took everyone's 12 dollars and I'm on my way to the Bahamas. Or it could be that I'm working on a better solution and will make everyone whole when I get it figured out. Unfortunately we have the highest order volumes in my business's history and I havent had enough time to dedicate to this project yet.

Thanks for the update man, I appreciate that. A lot of us were assuming we were ghosted as you haven't mentioned anything to anyone for awhile since you talked about cutting the barb. How were we supposed to know you were working on this without any communication?

If I were building it, I would use a foil balloon instead of the plastic bag.
- Less oxygen permeability.
- Probably less expensive.
- Possibly more malleable.

I mentioned this before, but I'd also rather have a one way valve than the blow-off tube. I wouldn't put this on until I'm sure there won't be krausen reaching it.

I'd be happy to test a prototype :)

I have been using mine since 7/2018 and have not had an issue with it. I did trim the barb as suggested even though I saw no evidence of cracking. Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones but I take care to leave enough space to account for the expansion of the bag. For me it's been a good cheap solution.

Mine worked great used twice now, wish I could get another but out of stock. I'll wait or you can send me yours that are "cracked." I don't understand how are you cracking the caps? I realize I'm buzzin and will get hell fire response possibly but is this an operator error?

Back