Cold crash and keg, or let it finish?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EChrisDenney

Reaction score
I've got a NE DIPA I've been fermenting for 2 weeks now. It reached my target finish gravity of 1.014 a couple days ago but I can still see a lot of tiny bubbles floating to the top in my carboy.

My question is, should I let this bad boy finish until all the activity has stopped, or since I have reached my target finish gravity, should I could crash and keg it? Thanks ahead of time!

That depends on a few factors: How many days has it been at 1.014?
Have you checked the gravity multiple times? Since its a NE DIPA, I assume you are dry hopping? How far along with that are you?

Day 14 is when I've completed a two day cold crash and kegged my neipas.
Tiny bubbles happen all the time - if the ferm chamber changes temp by a degree bubbles will emit.
Go by stable FG - and make it snappy. This style begs to be consumed sooner than later!

Cheers!

Just to be clear, I dry hopped for 7 days but it was still fermenting even after 7 days so I moved it to a secondary carboy because I didn't want any funky vegetal flavors. Then it sat there in the clean carboy for another 5 days.

She's in a keg now and carbbing up. Can't wait!!

Guys, it turned out amazing! You guys helped me relax, not to worry, and to have a home brew.

Back