Cold Condition to Bottle, Will It Carbonate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgranger

Small Wave Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed up a Tripel/IPA hybrid, 5.5 gallons of 1.083 wort fermented with WLP 530 Abbey Ale yeast. Primary at around 73 degrees for a week, and has now been in secondary with some dry hopping for 2 weeks at around 68-70 degrees. I moved it down to my basement to experiment with bringing the temp down for the last week in secondary, and it is roughly 56-7 degrees now.
For bottling, I had saved about a half gallon of speise (unfermented wort), to use as the priming solution - that amount is what came from a calculator.

My question is: since I brought down the temp of the secondary to 56ish, I am assuming that most of the yeast, if not all will floculate pretty quickly, so when I siphon off the cake into the bottling bucket with the speise, will there be enough yeast in suspension to make it into the bottles and carbonate the beer?

Latest posts

Back