Cold Condition to Bottle, Will It Carbonate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgranger

Small Wave Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed up a Tripel/IPA hybrid, 5.5 gallons of 1.083 wort fermented with WLP 530 Abbey Ale yeast. Primary at around 73 degrees for a week, and has now been in secondary with some dry hopping for 2 weeks at around 68-70 degrees. I moved it down to my basement to experiment with bringing the temp down for the last week in secondary, and it is roughly 56-7 degrees now.
For bottling, I had saved about a half gallon of speise (unfermented wort), to use as the priming solution - that amount is what came from a calculator.

My question is: since I brought down the temp of the secondary to 56ish, I am assuming that most of the yeast, if not all will floculate pretty quickly, so when I siphon off the cake into the bottling bucket with the speise, will there be enough yeast in suspension to make it into the bottles and carbonate the beer?

Back