Coffee toddy for Coffee Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewse

Reaction score
Hey - need your thoughts. I brewed a coffee stout over the weekend. I'm planning to add a cold coffee toddy to secondary fermentation. Do you think it would be OK to make the toddy using some wort after primary fermentation rather than water? I've not made a coffee stout before and need some guidance here.

Hey - need your thoughts. I brewed a coffee stout over the weekend. I'm planning to add a cold coffee toddy to secondary fermentation. Do you think it would be OK to make the toddy using some wort after primary fermentation rather than water? I've not made a coffee stout before and need some guidance here.

Well, if you wanted to you could do that. But I don't see any advantage to it, unless I'm missing something. Adding cold brewed coffee to secondary is commonly done, and won't restart fermentation but adding more wort would and it would ferment out so I can't see why it would be something positive.

Back