Cobbler's New Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobbler

Reaction score
My good friend Dan Gneiding, a graphic designer from Philadelphia, has designed two really nice hand drawn beer labels for me. Check out some of his other work here.

cobblersbeer1.jpg

cobbler, these are awesome! i love the simplicity. are you using all clear bottles? any worry about light struck brew?

cobbler, these are awesome! i love the simplicity. are you using all clear bottles? any worry about light struck brew?

Thanks! Yeah, I was worried about the beer being in clear bottles. I gave a number of bottles as gifts, so I was definitely fearing someone opening up a skunked bottle. I bottled my second batch in a mishmash of growlers, clear liter bottles and some few 12oz brown bottles. I was thinking of painting the few clear bottles I have left to protect the beer.

These were inspired by brainstorming session about using themes from the old Universal monster movies. We went with Dracula because it was the first book that I really got into as a kid.

Yeah, I can tell the others aren't pressed. But I'm IMpressed. haha.

May contact him about a logo for a new brewing co-op I'm thinking about. I really dig his style. Sorta woodcut/Edward Gorey.

Those are pretty cool. It looks like something that would be on a Daniel Johnston album cover.

I'm thinking "Hi, How Are You?"

Awsome label! I love the rough cut look on the edges & the design/colors make it look textured, almost like it was stamped (embossed) leather.
Hey there's an idea, a label made of rough-cut (thin) leather that's had the design stamped on it, or maybe branded on it. Expensive, but it could certainly put a bottle label over the top. Might make for a cool gift. At the least such a thing would make for some nice leather coasters (thick leather). Regards, GF.

These are great as is Dan's work (I just gave it looksie). As a graphic designer myself, I am envious. A very creative fella.

Back