Quantcast

Cobbler's New Labels

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

cobbler

Reaction score
My good friend Dan Gneiding, a graphic designer from Philadelphia, has designed two really nice hand drawn beer labels for me. Check out some of his other work here.

OP
cobbler

cobbler

Reaction score
Here is the second label Dan made for the Belgian Dubbel I brewed.

Maltose

Reaction score
cobbler, these are awesome! i love the simplicity. are you using all clear bottles? any worry about light struck brew?

OP
cobbler

cobbler

Reaction score
cobbler, these are awesome! i love the simplicity. are you using all clear bottles? any worry about light struck brew?
Thanks! Yeah, I was worried about the beer being in clear bottles. I gave a number of bottles as gifts, so I was definitely fearing someone opening up a skunked bottle. I bottled my second batch in a mishmash of growlers, clear liter bottles and some few 12oz brown bottles. I was thinking of painting the few clear bottles I have left to protect the beer.

anchorage42

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Scan them in so you can use them again in the future!

OP
cobbler

cobbler

Reaction score
These were inspired by brainstorming session about using themes from the old Universal monster movies. We went with Dracula because it was the first book that I really got into as a kid.

OP
cobbler

cobbler

Reaction score
My friend Dan only did a letter press for the first batch of labels. I've been printing these off my printer. He does some great stuff you can check him out at www.grayhood.com.

JetSmooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I can tell the others aren't pressed. But I'm IMpressed. haha.

May contact him about a logo for a new brewing co-op I'm thinking about. I really dig his style. Sorta woodcut/Edward Gorey.

GodIsGood

Reaction score
Those are pretty cool. It looks like something that would be on a Daniel Johnston album cover.

I'm thinking "Hi, How Are You?"

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
Awsome label! I love the rough cut look on the edges & the design/colors make it look textured, almost like it was stamped (embossed) leather.
Hey there's an idea, a label made of rough-cut (thin) leather that's had the design stamped on it, or maybe branded on it. Expensive, but it could certainly put a bottle label over the top. Might make for a cool gift. At the least such a thing would make for some nice leather coasters (thick leather). Regards, GF.

EdK

Reaction score
These are great as is Dan's work (I just gave it looksie). As a graphic designer myself, I am envious. A very creative fella.