CO2 Tank Holder for outside Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorne17

Reaction score
Hello there,

I’m wanting to put my CO2 tank outside my Kegerator and bring the three lines in. However my Kegerator will be on casters and I don’t want to worry about the tank when I move the Kegerator around.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a tank bracket or holder or something that can be mounted to the side of the Kegerator fridge?

Thanks,
Lorne

How much keezer travel do you anticipate?
I'd run enough gas line to pick up the canister while you wheel.

Maybe a home depot-style shop has some brackets which are used for plumbing pipes, then you'd need something for the tank to rest on, like a big angeled plate used for wood construction.

I've seen folks using fire extinguisher wall brackets...

Cheers!

A fire extinguisher wall bracket is typically just a hook. The forklifts typically have 2.5lb fire extinguishers, and those do come with a vehicle bracket and small strap.

OP, I would suggest looking for a fire extinguisher vehicle bracket. Obviously as you go up in extinguisher size, the bracket gets more robust. If there is an extinguisher service company near you, you could bring your cylinder in to test fit. Might be cheaper to just make one if your handy though.

Marine or large OTR truck dealers will have a bracket to hold a fire extinguisher that is not a hook, but a bracket and a strap. Prob would work.

I wouldn't trust the cheaper one with a high pressure CO2 cylinder. Those things are crap, and if it dosent hold it and the cylinder falls, you could have an 800 psi missile on your hands. Also, double check the diameter of your cylinder to make sure it will fit

Last edited:
I just made the stand the kegerator is on a bit wider to hold mine and hold a gallon jug to catch anything that runs from the drip tray. Everything rolls around together this way.

Back