cO2 regulator overhaul / tune up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrispy

Reaction score
I bought a used kegerator the other day and the regulator is a bit haggard.
Is there a website that has manuals for regulators and how to replace any seals/orings that might need it? I want to overhaul it before I get the kegerator going.

I am also replacing the lines. The coupler had a crimp on style connector on the wing nut, can I replace this with a barb fitting? Or are there better connectors then barb fittings now?

Are there better fittings than barbed? That's a matter of opinion I'll jsut stay away from. : )

That 'crimp style' connector you describe---it is likely a barbed connector under that brass crimped thing. With a little effort you should be able to rip that off of there. I've seen those before and it does look like a one piece unit. Give it a little applied violence and you might be surprised. : )

i attacked it with extreme prejudice and tore out the tubing. I will be replacing it with a barbed tail piece. I use worm drive clamps over the barbs, don't want a beer shower.

As for the reg, check your local homebrew store. They may carry a rebuild kit for your reg. I know mine does, and it even has an exploded parts diagram in it with instruction for working the reg over. You might also look up beverage supply or welding supply shops in your area. Between these 3 places, you're bound to get a rebuild kit.

Latest posts

Back