CO2 lost in long beer lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaja

Reaction score
I tried the slow carb method and after a week as sorely disappointed with the carbonation. This even with it at 100kpa 12-14psi for a week at a low constant temp. Not nearly warm enough to cause problems. No bubbles in my beer lines and beers line kept cold as well.

I have 10ft long 4mm lines, basically the smallest diameter and at a long length.

The line will decrease resistance but does it reduce the carbontation in my actual glass?? If the keg is at 12psi will long small diameter beer lines give me flatter beer??

I thought the length was more to do with flow rate than the carbonation??

Just trying to understand the info on the net as most of it is conflicting.

hmmm I was told a week at pouring pressure and I'm ready to go.

Temp is spot so I've eliminated that. I guess patience is a virtue. I was just frustrated when I followed everything by the book and it still wasn't good. Long beer lines, lower temp for the CO2 to be absorbed, constant pressure to help avoid over carbing and have a balanced system, no joins on the beer line, good quality beer lines, fan blower on tap shanks and collar area etc etc.

I'll see where I am in a weeks time and hopefully its pulling pints and not whining here LOL

Give it a shake every time you walk past the kegerator and you'll be carbed in a week.

Just sitting there two weeks sounds about right.

Back