CMB V3S faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think something isn't seated right with the faucet I've been having problems with the creamer. I'm guessing the plastic washer is off just a bit. I'll just wait to disassemble after the keg kicks.

I just received mine but haven't had a chance to really play with them. I can't seem to hand unscrew the black part but it looks the faucet would be male. The forward seal is a piston design. There is an o-ring to seal on the shank.

they do not screw off but are rather pulled off. i discovered this when test fitting some 1/2" silicone tubing on the faucet end for cleaning. i could never get enough grip with my fingers to pull the black part off but the tubing provides enough grip that when you pull the tubing, the black part comes off easily. my thoughts are to push the tubing on slightly, pull off to remove black part and then put the tubing back on the 'naked' faucet to run cleaner through the tubing. i think if you pushed the tubing on too far in the first place, the black part would come off too 'deep' into the tubing and could not be removed (short of cutting the tubing).

I did some troubleshooting with my faucet that had the broken creamer function. It had a bad piston chamber. I contacted kegconnection and they quickly sent me a new one. The new part has fixed the issue.

Another cool thing about the creamer function is you can use it on a keg not quite carbed to help with the head.

Yeah I wonder if I have the same issue with the creamer - sometimes it works better in some pours than others and now, not at all.

Of the three VS3s that I have, one drips far too much (as in, once per hour - always). I contacted KegConnection and spoke with a great guy (Chris, I think his name was). He explained that he sees this sometimes when folks have longer faucet handles (I do on this particular one) and they push back too hard on the creamer function. He said that pushing it with that much force will collapse the spring inside the piston chamber just enough to cause a drip. Good to know! He sent a new one to me - immediately (even though I offered to buy a few).

He said he uses these faucets exclusively and loves them. He advised that although CMB was talking about having exchangeable accessories and spouts - at this point they are only looking at a stainless bent spout accessory (like on the V2G) but more may come later.

So I am considering getting one of these for my stouts/porters for the creamer function or going nitro, big price difference and I am sure taste difference. How do you guys like it.

So I am considering getting one of these for my stouts/porters for the creamer function or going nitro, big price difference and I am sure taste difference. How do you guys like it.

i like it, it fits my needs for a pseudo-nitro. have had the taps in service for about four months now, no drips, no complaints.

I like mine as well. It has no leaks, but it does stick; it doesn't affect normal operation though. I assume it sticks because the piston broke. You only feel it sticking when you first open it for a pour.

Kegconnection is going to replace the part-I told them to wait until I get ready to order another one of these taps. The piston breaks when you push back too hard on it. I don't think this would normally be an issue, but if you are like me and not familiar with how the creamer should work, you'll probably damage it. Basically, fill your glass as normal. Towards the end of the pour, gently push back on the tapper and add a layer of foam.

When I initially used it, I thought you fill the majority of the pour from the creamer side, if that's what you wanted. It didn't seem fill correctly and that's how it broke I believe-pushed too hard on it.

They should post a video or include an insert with your order on how it works to prevent confusion.

Otherwise, great company, great product. I have been using mine for a year now.

Just a quick update. I had one faucet develop a small drip. I took it apart and cleaned it. It is good again. Guessing some hop debris got in the way somewhere. So if you get a drip, clean things.

I have a CMB V3S faucet which I purchased from KegConnection.
It’s been leaking around the faucet handle whenever I pour a beer or use the creamer function.
I suspect I put it together incorrectly after the last time I disassembled it for cleaning. Either that, or I am missing a washer or something.

I asked KegConnection for a parts diagram, but they said they didn't have one.

Does anyone have pictures of how the faucet is assembled (order of parts)?

Thanks,
Matt

I'm not finding anything on the web wrt CMBecker V3S diagrams or even replacement parts lists.

Go to the source - [email protected]
Ask them for an assembly diagram.

My guess is there should be an O-ring under the bonnet that threads atop the faucet body and is below the handle escutcheon. On my Perls the tension on a similar bonnet has to be balanced between sealing (first priority) while still allowing smooth/easy movement...

V35_With_flags__26081.1434741750.1280.1280.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks, I've emailed them.
I have 2 white plastic washers that are curved, for above and below the round ball on the stem, and 1 black rubber o-ring gasket. I've tried placing it both above (under the bonnet) and below (last washer before you hit the beer) the white plastic washers, but it leaks in both places.

I was thinking there was only 1 white washer, which sits under the handle. But besides that. The rubber o-ring goes in the end of the faucet for connection to the shank.

I just installed 3 of the CMBecker V3S's I bought last week in a free fridge I scored for the garage. So far, very impressed. And I have the Perlick 630SS's in the keggerator in the house, just thought I would give em a try.
P.S. I would say the stickers hide my first drill holes where I screwed up on the drip tray. Hey, it was free! :)

unnamed11.jpg

Jim Carlson from CMBecker replied to my request with pictures and descriptions of how the washers are installed/ordered on the lever. See attached. Great customer support from CMBecker and big thanks to Jim for helping me get this right. I won't know for sure if it works until I charge the lines with new beer, which should be in a month or so. Regardless, this is the correct order of assembly for the faucet. Note to self...take a picture of the faucet parts the next time I disassemble. ;)

I like the faucets - but there is something to be said about the simplicity of internals of a Perlick (faucet body, lever).

Matt

CMB v3s parts.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

Glad you got such a quick and thorough response.

As for waiting 'til you kick a keg....why?

Remove the beer line from the keg, open the faucet to let it drain, then do your thing to the faucet lever bits.
It's not like any beer is going to rush up and out from the top of the faucet at that point...

Cheers!

Actually, the reason for the wait is the opposite... The faucet was repaired when I cleaned the system after kicking the last keg. The wait is for the next batch to complete and be ready for kegging. :)

Jim Carlson from CMBecker replied to my request with pictures and descriptions of how the washers are installed/ordered on the lever. See attached. Great customer support from CMBecker and big thanks to Jim for helping me get this right. I won't know for sure if it works until I charge the lines with new beer, which should be in a month or so. Regardless, this is the correct order of assembly for the faucet. Note to self...take a picture of the faucet parts the next time I disassemble. ;)

I like the faucets - but there is something to be said about the simplicity of internals of a Perlick (faucet body, lever).

Matt

That's interesting. I don't think I have that black washer on mine. Seems like it is a wider washer rather than two. I'll have to look one of these days. I wonder if it is a design fix for the piston being pushed back too hard? The piston seemed to damage easily pushing back for the creamer.

Anyone have any recent thoughts on the CMB V3S faucets? I just bought one to go along with my two Intertap FC but haven't hooked it up yet. it's installed and will run my line today or tomorrow. Just curious how these have held up since this thread is now over 3 yrs old.

I traded out my CMB V3S faucets for Intertap - traded with someone local. I had the CMBs on my fridge for a couple of years without any issue, but I wanted the spring return and stout options. I think they are both good forward seal faucets, just a matter of personal preference.

I have had these for a few years now and have been relatively happy with them. These are the only faucets I have had, so I have nothing else to compare them to. To be critical, they can stick a bit if they aren't used often. I don't care for the plastic inserts at the spout. I occasionally use the creamer function, however if you have your faucet relatively slow flowing, it doesn't work, if you turn up the pressure it works fine, but then I don't need to add any more foam. I'm interested to see how they measure up to the intertap faucets.

I not really a fan of the plastic insert either. For the price, not sure why they could not have went with a stainless head like Intertap. The Intertap FC faucets are cheaper when you can find them.

I had a $50 store credit and needed another faucet so since they didn't carry the Intertap FC i opted to try the CMB.

I've had the Intertap's for about three years with no real issues. I wish they came standard with the spring mechanism to automatically close the faucet as I've hit the tap handle more than one time and had a mess to clear up.

I'll be connecting a line to my CMB tonight to see how it performs.

I have had 3 of these faucets for the last 3 years and have not had any issues with them. I also recently picked up the V3N Nitro faucet and am happy with it as well. I have zero complaints and would recommend them.

Back