CMB V3S faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBears34

Reaction score
I have used the CMB's but decided to go with the Perlick flow controls. I like the fact that filling growlers is a lot easier with the flow control feature. Both very good quality though

Any updates on these. I'm interested.

I love mine! I have the CMD V2G.

Made in Germany. The creamer feature is great, and no foam issues at all no matter what size line.

Call up KegConnection if you have any questions, great customer service. They actually told me they're trying to phase out the Perlick's because these are a lot better quality for the money, and in my experience that's the case; I have two of them.

These seem to be the new hype, and appear to actually be of high quality. Supposedly the future of faucets. Lol! We'll see, but the faucet design is actually a great idea... and the price is phenomenal! I'm gonna buy a few myself and give them a whirl. I'm a Perlick guy, but these may be better.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/INTERTAP-FORWARD-SEAL-STAINLESS-FAUCET-P4034.aspx

Edit: The price has gone up considerably for this faucet. No longer a great deal. I'm sticking with trusty ol' Perlicks. And the link I posted is no longer valid...

Edit: The price has gone up considerably for this faucet. No longer a great deal. I'm sticking with trusty ol' Perlicks. And the link I posted is no longer valid...

They are still a pretty good deal, you just cant buy them from any US retailer currently. If you import them, they are still cheaper than the Perlick, and are well worth the hassle.

I just installed 3 CMB V3S faucets in my newly built keezer collar. Absolutely impressed with their quality. Beautifully polished, inside and out. Compact size yet surprisingly heavy. They include a nice little black handle as well as the creamer function. I can't really see a downside save for not having the available accessories.

Now - Once I get my lines balanced properly - I will be in heaven! :)

I just installed 3 CMB V3S faucets in my newly built keezer collar. Absolutely impressed with their quality. Beautifully polished, inside and out. Compact size yet surprisingly heavy. They include a nice little black handle as well as the creamer function. I can't really see a downside save for not having the available accessories.

Now - Once I get my lines balanced properly - I will be in heaven! :)

Lines balanced? What issues are you having? I use 4 foot lines with no issues. I thought the design of these makes foamy pours etc a thing of the past?

My pressures worked perfectly with picnic taps. I am re(using) 44 inch lines with a ton of foam at the same pressures. I just need to bump up to 5+ feet and I'll be good.

I love mine! I have the CMD V2G.

Made in Germany. The creamer feature is great, and no foam issues at all no matter what size line.

Call up KegConnection if you have any questions, great customer service. They actually told me they're trying to phase out the Perlick's because these are a lot better quality for the money, and in my experience that's the case; I have two of them.

Their comparison chart is what got me thinking I should go with the CMBs. Now I just have to decide which model.

Update: Installed longer beverage lines and am getting AWESOME pours from these things! Totally happy with the purchase!

Their comparison chart is what got me thinking I should go with the CMBs. Now I just have to decide which model.

I ended up needing the V2G, since they stick out just a little bit more which I needed since the creamer function was getting stopped by the lid of my freezers when using the V3S, (I didn't have them hooked up or anything, I was able to return and get the V2G's). Also I don't like on how the bottom black part of the V3S comes off, I'm not sure what that's about, I guess you take it off for wine?).

I ended up needing the V2G, since they stick out just a little bit more which I needed since the creamer function was getting stopped by the lid of my freezers when using the V3S, (I didn't have them hooked up or anything, I was able to return and get the V2G's). Also I don't like on how the bottom black part of the V3S comes off, I'm not sure what that's about, I guess you take it off for wine?).

Hmmm - didn't realize that it came off(?). The funny thing is that comparison chart shows that interchangeable spouts are available. I can't find information anywhere to support that. Did I miss something?

Hmmm - didn't realize that it came off(?). The funny thing is that comparison chart shows that interchangeable spouts are available. I can't find information anywhere to support that. Did I miss something?

That's what I was wondering about since I don't see that on cmb's site. Maybe kegconnection just has information on future release products.

I'll probably go with the V3S for the compact size. Plus the V2G's look to be out of stock.

That's what I was wondering about since I don't see that on cmb's site. Maybe kegconnection just has information on future release products.

I'll probably go with the V3S for the compact size. Plus the V2G's look to be out of stock.

If I remember I'll try to call tomorrow, and ask about the removable faucet piece, as I'm curious as well.

Anything else your wondering about? I can ask if I call.

I'll ask about this tomorrow.

Really odd, I tried calling and no one answered. I'll try again in a bit, its normally not like this.

They're working on having more spouts available. Right now the one that comes with it is the beer one.

And yes the black part does come off.

They're working on having different spouts available, right now the one that comes with it is a beer one.

Made my order for two of the v3s. Hopefully will get them installed sometime next week. They will mostly complete my kegerator. No more party taps!

Interested in these as Vent-Matic has all but disappeared. No updates, no e-mail responses, nothing.

Just ordered two of these myself. Very excited to get them installed. They seem to be of excellent quality. Really looking forward to seeing them in action.

Anyone have some video of it in action, particularly the "creamer" function?

And can anyone confirm if the threads on the V3S stainless part for the black spout piece are outer threads (male)? And I assume they seal with an O-ring?

And can anyone confirm if the threads on the V3S stainless part for the black spout piece are outer threads (male)? And I assume they seal with an O-ring?

I just received mine but haven't had a chance to really play with them. I can't seem to hand unscrew the black part but it looks the faucet would be male. The forward seal is a piston design. There is an o-ring to seal on the shank.

Got them installed! Only lost a bit of beer not checking the tap handle. :) So far it is pouring great!

I assume the settings are this?
All the way back = off
Middle = creamer
100% Forward = normal

I think I'm gonna tap the black IPA on the other tap. You know...to make sure everything is working properly. :D

Got them installed! Only lost a bit of beer not checking the tap handle. :) So far it is pouring great!

I assume the settings are this?
All the way back = off
Middle = creamer
100% Forward = normal

I think I'm gonna tap the black IPA on the other tap. You know...to make sure everything is working properly. :D

Not quite...

Forward = normal
Middle = off
push back (beyond "off") = creamer

That's what I originally thought. I guess I didn't even try out the creamer.

You have to push it back a bit harder than normal. I think you're compressing the piston spring to just left aerated beer through. I've had fun pulling a beer with a "normal" head and then doing a "creamer" layer on top. You can actually see quite a difference!

I'll have to play with the creamer some more. One creamer seems to not be working when pushed back. It is on a new keg so I'm guessing maybe clogged with hop sediment (I had some on the regular pour)? My other guess is the beer isn't completely carbed so there isn't enough CO2 to diffuse.

I'll have to look at the tap next time it is off if it doesn't improve.

I'll have to play with the creamer some more. One creamer seems to not be working when pushed back. It is on a new keg so I'm guessing maybe clogged with hop sediment (I had some on the regular pour)? My other guess is the beer isn't completely carbed so there isn't enough CO2 to diffuse.

I'll have to look at the tap next time it is off if it doesn't improve.

On mine, I noticed that it does take some pressure to make it work properly. Hope it all works out!

On mine, I noticed that it does take some pressure to make it work properly. Hope it all works out!

It is certainly curious. It pours good otherwise. With the creamer it just kind of dribbles out. I'll turn up the psi a bit and let the carbonation equalize and try it again in a week or so.

I did get a cool idea because of it. I just used the creamer with the maibock into the black IPA. Just that little bit definitely changed the flavor. So you could do some pretty cool combos. I'm thinking a stout then a shot of coffee with the creamer.

Yeah, mine dribbles as well on creamer pour; sometimes it's dispenses with more force than others on creamer. I assume this is normal. I fill the glass most of the way, with a normal pour, then push it back to creamer to top off with the smooth head. If it's a longer pour than normal, I do it in short burst as that seems to build the pressure.

A question regarding the creamer, if I mount this faucet on the door of a fridge will the tap handle hit the door if I try to use the creamer?

If you use the included (i.e. stubby, black) faucet handle, I think you'll be OK. If you used something longer like a chalkboard-type, it may pose a problem.

If you use the included (i.e. stubby, black) faucet handle, I think you'll be OK. If you used something longer like a chalkboard-type, it may pose a problem.

So how much further out would you need the faucet to extend for this to work fine? All you need is a longer shank. I am looking for faucets for my keezer. I could see making a nice wooden extender for a longer shank so this would work.

Latest posts

Back