Cloudy Hard Cider after 7 months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fur_252

Reaction score
I have cloudy cider that won't clear up after 7 months 5 gal batch of cider used musselman cider, brown sugar to raise abv to 1.055 threw yeast nutrient, yeast energizer and white labs wlp775 yeast to the 5 gals fermented down to 1.000 transferred to secondary and been sitting since! Did I do something wrong? Could super Kleer help me out? Any suggestions would be great

Cold crashing might help. Also unflavored gelatin could help as well. Make it very strong and mix it in well. Eventually it *will* clear on it's own, but you can help it clear with gelatin or something like that. Super Kleer might be good too, just don't know anything about it.

Gelatin works wonders for all my ciders and meads. And now beers as well. Try it, you'll love the results, and it only takes 24-48 hours to turn crystal clear.

Super Kleer works but it leaves a funky medicinal taste. You must let every drop fall out and rack off the sediment. Taste the cider before bottling to be sure that you got all the SK out. I ruined one of my meads with it before I knew this.

Back