Cleaning out the pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkUncle

Reaction score
How often do you guys take apart the pump and do a real thorough cleaning? I've only brewed with my pump a handful of times and simply ran hot water and cleaner through it so far after brewing. Just wondering if I should be taking it apart after every brew. Cleaning takes almost as much time as brewing for me these days.

I have two chuggers and just run water through after brewing. But many times on brew day they are stuck and I have to take them apart and clean to get them running. Other than taking apart I don't see a way to dry after rinsing and I think that's the issue. Someone suggested blowing compressed air through but I don't have a compressor. One key though I think is to run water through in both directions after brewing.

On deck: Imperial Stout, Vienna Lager
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Mojave Red, Irish Stout, Tramp Stamp Clone, Helles, Oktoberfest, Roggenbier
On tap: Naked American Wheat, Turbo IIPA
Bottled: Dwarven Gold Ale, La Fin Du Mond clone, Hefeweizen

Back