Cleaning gifted mash tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpenSights

Reaction score
DB14A4DA-A6A3-4E64-8FC8-B97A39FE98AD.jpeg
Last week I had a customer who’s moving out of state. He gave me a 5 gallon igloo drink cooler that I plan on using as a mash tun. Fairly clean, but could use a good thorough cleaning. Pbw or bleach?

This is my step into AG! Long time coming. Been playing around with kits and cider. Once I perfect my chocolate cherry stout my LHBS wants to start offering it as a kit.

Other than shooting, brewing has become my favorite hobby! I’m hoping to get my feet wet with AG before the next “firebrew” and takeover the master brewer position. Usually 200 gallons.

If anyone has a grain bill for a stout I’d appreciate it.

Won most enthusiastic new brewer of my club! Got a sweet azz paddle!

apparently, they've been cracking down on stuff like that...tits and a$$ are all gone...photoshopped tree rat balls are probably next....

I’ve never sanitized the mash tun. Matter of fact, I just rinse with warm to hot water after I’m done and then paper towel dry until next use. Anything that comes out is boiled. Is there a need to sanitize?

74583E0F-04CC-447C-80ED-177E1BF71B4C.jpeg

These indentations look a bit on the stained side, like it was used for iced tea last and just rinsed.

I agree about sanitized post boil, not preboil.

Back