cinnamon and edworts apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drathbone

Reaction score
I've got some edworts in the carboy right now, pitched nov 11. Farts subsided now a nice apple smell. Can I throw in some cinnamon sticks mid ferment or is this something I should have done prior to pitching the yeast? There is still a lot of activity last I checked.

I put a bunch in a secondary for a few days with some apfelwein..... worked just fine.

It's your brew. You could dunk them in Star-san for a minute, and add them wet to the primary. Ultimately the brew is yours and so is the responsibility, so take whatever steps you see as helpful.

I would dunk them in some Star-san. :)

It's your brew. You could dunk them in Star-san for a minute, and add them wet to the primary. Ultimately the brew is yours and so is the responsibility, so take whatever steps you see as helpful.

I would dunk them in some Star-san. :)

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but do people sanitize their hops before dry hopping as well??

For cin sticks and or cloves I soak them in a nice strong spiced rum, usually for 1-2 hours up to overnight.

Back