cigars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say DeRoux, I got you a new dog:

hra4ck_th

hey, that kinda looks like Batist!
i could use some haggis or a full "Irish breakfast" this morning. on the "sauce" WAY too heavy last night......whew! a good cigar and several homebrew's w/ a brew bud......
paying today......

We have a bar called Curragh nearby that has authentic Irish breakfasts, (and I'm not just talking about a Jameson's and Guiness omelet).

OK, back to stogies... I bought several tonight. Let me know your thoughts:

Romeo Y Juliet Aniversario
Bauza
Acid One
Ashton
Helix

Any opinions?

Smoked my first Bolivar the other night--I was pretty wasted (played a Turkey Day game of *******) when I had it but it was pretty freaking awesome. I think a buddy of mine dipped the tip in kalua or something which was cool too.

Anyway....I'm hooked....

I'm on the deck now freezing my ass off enjoying a RyJ #2 (punted on the SLR Serie A). It's a lot better than being inside with the house guests of the night, but my beer did go dry and I'm not sure I want to risk the exposure of going back in. Furthermore, it's really hard to type with ice cubes for hands.

If y'all like maduros as I do, try the Mayorga Gordita Torpedos. They're torp shaped, but about the size of a smallish robusto. Very smooth and earthy. They are box pressed if that turns you off. Usually ~$50/box, so even singles should be sub-$3, I guess. They also come in a natural wrapper, but I haven't tried those.

anyone had a Drew Estate Java? PDG! has a chocolate/coffee thing going. almost like a smooth stout in a wrapper........

DeRoux's Broux said:
anyone had a Drew Estate Java? PDG! has a chocolate/coffee thing going. almost like a smooth stout in a wrapper........

Never had one....but it sounds AWESOME!!!

I'm wondering if I could find one at our local tabacca shop. I'm planning a poker party and I need somethign good. That sounds like a winner!

we found them by mistake. went to a big liquor wharehouse downtown houston, fart'n around in the humidor about to buy some more Bolivar's, and we saw these. they smelled so damn good, we figured we'd try 'em. damn glad we did!

DeRoux's Broux said:

This past weekend I had the opportunity to try a Blackroot which my LCS just received as a promotional trial. It's a torpedo with a much more robust flavor than the regular Root. When I go back I'll check on that Java for a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Wild

i found out yesterday that Drew Estate makes the Java and the Acid cigars. i didn't like the Acid one, but the Java's good. have another charity cigar night tonight, so i'm hoping to bring home something good.....
description on the Java:
Product Details
Introduced in 2004, and released in the 1st quarter of 2005, Java is an exceptionally unique handmade from two of today's hardest working cigar makers: Jonathan Drew of Drew Estate and Rocky Patel. Java is a subtly sweet Nicaraguan that features a dark, oily maduro wrapper stretched across an aged blend of Nicaraguan long-fillers. While aging, these cigars have been slowly infused with the delicious flavor of gourmet mocha, morphing a traditional Nicaraguan cigar into a incredibly rich cigar filled with hints of mocha that smokes smooth from start to finish, leaving an extremely pleasant aroma in your wake.

I've got a few Cohiba's, a Cusano 18 and CAO L'Anniversario Cameroon and a CAO MX2 Camaroon on deck.... :)

I need to get a few VSG's back in the humi

go ahead and treat yourselves! we had a Sancho Panza maduro (one of my favorites), a DuPont traiangle (very mild, too mild), and a Flor De A. Allonas (very good too). had three others to choose from, but don't recall the name. then we proofed a Pusser Rum and a Haitian 15 year old rum. not my favorite, mainly because i don't care for rum.....

Back