Cigar City controlling interest to be sold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per El Catador FB:

El Catador Club members,

CCB has been acquired by Fireman Capital Partners, who also has a controlling interest in Oskar Blues, Perrin, and the Utah Brewers Cooperative. Read the whole press release here:

http://www.brewbound.com/…/fireman-capital-to-purchase-ciga…

The most important thing to take away from this is that nothing will be changing. El Catador Club will stay the same and, hopefully, will only get bigger and better.

We know you guys will be the most vocal about this, so feel free to sound off.

Cheers

I like how CCB straight up lied before, now that Redner says they signed a letter of intent last year.

Glad it ended this way instead at least.

Initially, this sounded pretty good to me. To me, it looked as though rather than sell out to AB InBev, they were selling to a holding company that is bringing together a bunch of craft breweries together under a sort of blanket that they could all strengthen beneath. But then I got to thinking some more, and I worry about a scenario where this holding company's value transcends the worth of the individual breweries, and then sells off the entire pool to AB InBev at a greater price. I guess I'm just not sure if this move eliminates the potential for CCB, as well as Oskar Blues and others, to end up exactly where we hoped we'd never see them to begin with. Perhaps my fears are completely unfounded. If so, feel free to reassure me of such. lol

fireman capital is acquiring a portfolio of brands to package and sell to ABI
Exactly. These aren't beer guys.... these are suits making investments that they feel they can grow and, at their highest level, sell off.

This is all gonna get ****ed in 5 years with a billion dollar sale to a big company like ABI. Fireman might not want to **** with CCB or OB now, but who know what their new masters will eventually do.

Just my opinion reading about this stuff.

I just feel like AB is too big, and has too many resources. Most of these craft brewers don't have succession plans, and most don't have staff that could properly handle the reins if they wanted to retire. That basically only leaves them one option. I understand it, I respect it as a businessman, but I feel like 20 years from now many of our beloved breweries with be under that giant corporate umbrella.

Conspiracy theory:

Fireman Capital.

Fire.

Fire is Red.

Red is the color of the Budweiser logo.

budweiser_2016_logo_detail.png

giphy.gif

Back