Cidergria

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKenshi

Reaction score
Ok, I've got an odd one for you...

I have a few bottles of cider from an experiment I did last fall... I don't remember what I did, but the cider is a bit too cinnamony, and quite tart. I noticed I have some fresh apples, peaches and pears lying around...

Has anyone ever made sangria with cider? Recipes? Results?

Thanks!

I prefer red wine for sangria.
The versions I've had with white wine are too thin and lack complexity to balance the sweetness of the added fruit juice.

If your cider isn't overly disagreeable, try a small batch with part of it and see how you like it. It would be a shame to waste all the fruit if you make a big batch and don't like it.

You also could potentially salvage the cider in other ways.
If the cider is too tart you can do a MLF to smooth the acidity (if you haven't added sulfite or preservatives).
Sweetness will also reduce the perception of acidity. For example you could stabilize, sweeten, and serve warm as a mulled cider.
I've heard cinnamon can tone down with aging, but I'm not so sure. I had a cinnamon bomb I ended up dumping.

Hope this helps, cheers

Latest posts

Back