Cicerone Certified Beer Server Exam $10 (reg. $69) on 2/15/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcaneXor

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the Cicerone Certified Beer Server exam can be taken for $10 today instead of the regular $69. I took it just for fun, and think any homebrewer should be able to pass this without studying. http://www.cicerone.org/

Thanks for the link Arcane, I decided to throw them 10 dollars and I passed too. Another little notch in the bedpost. I doubt that I will go much further though.

Interesting. I'm not in the industry, any tangible benefit to passing this other than bragging rights?

Damn ...I took it cold and missed one i got a 72 ....at least i got 1 more chance to take it....They do give you 2 chances...Please be nice guys....LOL

I am now a certified beer server. I now officially know more about my beer than most wait staff in my area.

EDIT: I can not get that site to load now. Anyone else having issues with it?

Well that was somewhat interesting, and easy to ace. Much easier than the BJCP exam, at any rate.

Some of the questions were poorly worded IMO.

I agree - particularly use of the word "vines" for describing hop plant growth

still passed easily

I dont know why I took it but I received a 91.67%. There were at least 5 questions that I could have easily answered two different ways and felt good about.

Maybe I'll have my wife take it tonight, since she actually is a waitress. Not sure if shes allowed to wear the lapel pin though.

Dang. Totally missed that it expired at 4. Was gonna do it after work. Bummer.

Tonight I'm going to go home, pour a pint of the northern English brown I just tapped, take it out to the family and announce to them that they are looking at a pint that was poured by a Certified Beer Server. I expect to be met with thunderous applause. I imagine more than one hand will be offered in hearty congratulation and wouldn’t be surprised to hear several vociferous cries of , “Bully” and “Good Show!”

However, I would also not be surprised if they simple smirk and turn away.

Just so's ya guys know, some people take this serious. Not me mind you. But all of the employees at The Trappist in Oakland are required to pass this test.

I'm on par with Shooter. I can't wait to pour one tonight. Oh sure, I've been certifiable and pouring beer for years. But to be certified and pouring beer. Well that feel grand.

In fact, I am going to be at the Trappist tonight. I may have to exclaim "You're not doing it right." loudly once or twice.

wow I am really interested in passing the test. anyone in 2018? I wish to take this test but can anyone tell me how to take the test for $10???

Back