Chugger pump fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joevbrew

Reaction score
Just got my chugger pump in the mail, can't wait to test it out. I'd like to get fittings for everything and have been reading that kent fittings will work out. Unfortunately I can't find kent fittings that will screw on the pump (just for hose and ball valves)- since money is a little low, can I use CPVC valves till I can get SS fittings?

If you are doing it for testing purposes and not running hot water though, then anything should work. However, if using for brewing right now, then stick to SS.

Thanks for the advice fellow brewers. I ended up getting brass fittings for pump with Kent disconnects and silicone tubing.

I took a quick look at the kent fittings and didn't see anything that looked appropriate for the inlet side of the pump. Do you have a parts number? I have some brass QC parts that I could send to you if it would help. I swapped over to SS camlocks and these are just parts I have laying around. They might work better for you. Give your setup a try if you already bought them and post back or pm me.

Back