Chronical Fermenter by SS Brewing Technologies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am seriously considering getting one of these conicals, and I am interested what the wait time has generally been in being able to purchase one. How long have people had to wait after registering for the 'lottery?'

I've been on the SSBrewtech email list for quite awhile and have yet to get an invite to purchase... I saw somewhere in Homebrewtalk that Kegoutlet.com was selling them... I was able to purchase from them and get it within a week of placing my order. They are awesome to deal with also.

Email from SSBrewTech to notification list -

"MoreBeer! will soon have Ss Brew Buckets...

Yes many of your are wondering how a few hundred Buckets sell out in like 5 minutes... so are we!!! Apparently after we sent the pre-sale notice, everybody set their reminders and calendars, and when a couple thousand people go clicking away for a few hundred units all at the same time they go fast. Really fast. We thought we'd at least get a couple hours out of this pre-sale, but we guessed wrong. And a lot of people bought the max allowed 2 units as well. That certainly played a role this time also.

Many of you are questioning the legitimacy and reality of the process, and all we can say is we put a bunch of stock up for sale and literally within several minutes our max quota for the pre-sale was filled /gone. We don't know how to explain it any more than you can believe it. We are just doing what we can to fill your orders, but still just face a lot more demand than we have supply. So no matter what we did or how many minutes it took, the reality was only a fraction of you would get Bucket(s) and the majority would not - that was the statistical reality from the get go. The rest was just a matter of time and how long (or short) it ended up being.

Fortunately for all of us MoreBeer! is coming on board very soon as a distribution partner and they'll have Buckets available to ship in March. Info will be available up on their site within the next week or two, and it sounds like they are going to take pre-orders soon as well.

We'll let them roll out the further detail(s) on their site or in email blasters as appropriate - we just wanted to give you all a heads up that they will have the next available large batch of Buckets and that we are excited to be working with them in the US market.

Up in Canada, our stuff is being carried now by OBK (ontariobeerkegs.com). For you Canadians on this list, please contact them for detail. We are also pretty excited to be working with their Team and to be able to get some of our gear up into Canada where right from the get-go we have gotten a lot of interest and inquiries but were unable to do much both because of stock shortages and/or cost of shipping up there just too expensive...

Sorry again to any / all of you that didn't get what you were after today.

Cheers,

Team Ss"

Not sure how this helps the consumer as distribution wasn't the problem, it was manufacturing.

It will help lighten your wallet, because the price will go way up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Well, that should help the supply issue, then. Less people would be able to afford them. :(

It also might be because MoreBeer has been around longer and has a bigger wallet. This allows SS Tech to place larger orders through their manufacturer since they already have the units pretty much sold to MoreBeer. Just a thought.

Was thinking about possible advantages, other than just cool blingy blingy...in a 'no chill' BIAB setup, could one simply go straight from the boil kettle to the ss beer bucket, await pitching temp and pitch away? Versus the kettle to heat capable container, await temp, transfer to fermenter and pitch. Was thinking I would then go back to using secondary to then free up the ss beer bucket for next brew.
I usually brew a 2 batches on brew days, so that would have to change, I suppose, since I would only want one at 175 ( or more should the morebeer! predictions come true)
Anyway, just thinkin'...

I do have one coming- was one of those that got one in the 5 minute sellout- was $175 + $15 shipping.
Hadn't considered the possible no chill step savings at that point, though.

Saw that they have a digital probe accessory for the thermowell coming soon looks cool

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392346143.723229.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1392346159.159865.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Saw that they have a digital probe accessory for the thermowell coming soon looks cool

View attachment 179239View attachment 179240

Perhaps I'm wrong but it looks like all its good for is telling you what temp the beer is. I think the thermowell would be better used with a probe connected to a stc, Johnson, or ranco digital controller.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393819708.876679.jpg. Just got back from out of town and found this had been delivered. I already have 8 of the Brew Buckets, gonna use this as well

View attachment 183327. Just got back from out of town and found this had been delivered. I already have 8 of the Brew Buckets, gonna use this as well

Measurement of the thermowell? I don't recall seeing any specs on the inner diameter and from the picture it looks like its to small for a ranco probe.

Sorry. Gotta a port barrel I gotta get full of stout. Gonna take all hands on deck for that brew day

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393853000.471718.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393853015.042727.jpg

Finally transferring my first batch it's been aging for 3 months ...dumping trub was an ease, racking was easy, cleaning was easy....looking cool never felt so good ...no complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just got mine in...not super impressed. It's a bit rough at the racking arm opening and where the legs are welded on caused some real ridges/imperfections inside. Thoughts on if I should keep or not?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Pics. Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app
It's really hard to see anything in those pics, but I've ordered 3 pieces of equipment from them and the buckets and conical have been in great condition. But things happen and sometimes defects slip though QC, it happens where I work from time to time. With that said, the company seems to be very responsive to customer concerns, at least from what I've been reading. I personally have not had any issues that needed fixing. I'm sure if you contact them with some better photos they would be able to fix your problem. I have contacted them about other things, such as my instruction videos and they are very good about getting back to you.

Just got mine in...not super impressed. It's a bit rough at the racking arm opening and where the legs are welded on caused some real ridges/imperfections inside. Thoughts on if I should keep or not?

How did this turn out? I think I'm on the same boat, if not worse.

Just snagged one of the 7 gal chronicals that are back in stock today. They're doing a first-come first served kind of like ticketmaster for this batch... was hitting refresh every 30 seconds because I thought they might sell out in a few minutes like their email said. 20 minutes later, they're still listed in stock.

Any one else get one this go around?

Back