Chicago/Upper Midwest growers-have you harvested yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinstadt

Reaction score
I have zero confidence in my ability to gauge when my hops are ready, after three years of bad or, at best, lackluster quality hops.

Last year I got almost two pounds of dry Centennial and Cascade, but for either bittering or dry hopping, they had little bittering quality or flavor addition.

So, I'm hoping to sample the collective wisdom of HBT.

I harvested Cascade and Chinook 2 weeks ago, and it was a bit early. I'll harvest Nugget and Zeus this weekend.

Harvested cascade, chinook, and centennial last weekend. Chinook was definitely spot on, cascade close, questioning centennials. (Oshkosh, WI)

Mine are all harvested. The first ones ready were Northern Brewer, followed by columbus. Then, the centennials were ready, after that the chinook was ready and the cascades were last.

I didn't harvest any hallertauer and they appear to be ready now, or maybe just past optimum. I haven't used them in years, so I stopped harvesting them a couple of years ago.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I started harvesting mine this weekend, since the collective wisdom told me to do so.

If they turn out to be crappy (again), I'll know something else is to blame.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back