Cheers to you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrenolin

SportBrewing
Reaction score
Hey hey.. I’m a HomeBrewNewbie Canadian living stateside for the past quarter century. I’ve made several wine kits over the years with the wife which always turn out Fanta and I’m just now moving into the land of brewing about 6 weeks ago. I started with a Blond Extract that failed miserably with an infection... Ha! If that’s not a pun! Moved onto an IPA Extract which I bottled last week and it’s just OK due to some mistakes I know about and learning from. These were made in a old 6.5 Gallon glass carboy.

I’ve just purchased a complete Ss Brewtech 5 Gallon Extract/Partial Mash kit along with a 2nd conical brew bucket. This includes their conical 7 Gallon brew bucket, 10 Gallon kettle and FTSs cooling system. Absolutely love these conical brew buckets!

Currently, I have a Wheat Hefeweizen fermenting on it’s 5th day in 1 brew bucket, a Moscato wine on its 8th day in the 2nd brew bucket and a 5.5 Gallon Mike’s Hard Lemonade in the carboy.

Looking at using a 14.9cu/ft freezer to built a keezer soon. Wife said if I get beer on tap she wanted wine on tap and the kid yelled he wanted soda on tap. Planning a homemade Root Beer, Cola & Sprite for tapped sodas and our Peach still wine and a sparkling desert wine for the wife. This should allow me to have a 5-6 taps for myself to cover a daily easy drinker, a stout, a Hard Lemonade, a seasonal holiday brew and and experimental mystery tap to finish it off.

I have several extract kits here or arriving shortly including IPA, Pilsener, Stout, 2 holiday and 3 wines. While brew bottling isn’t bad once you’re at it I hate the initial cleaning regiment. Have 8 corny ball kegs arriving this week to do away with bottling day.

Ohh.. did I say I was a newbie brewer?! Jump in full tilt, no expectations, no disappointments just lessons learned.

My other hobbies include: playing with my 8yo son, annoying the wife at every opportunity given, camping, dualsport adventure riding, caressing my classic cars (67 Shelby/Mustang & 72 AMC Ambassador), sport shooting, video gaming, a bit of woodworking and kicking back around a fire in the evenings with a drink and good cigar.

Looking forward to actually making a good home brew sometime soon!

Cheers
Robert

995BC2B3-7AD5-4B97-9A1E-3D3B56D9B3A0.jpeg 534C8F66-FC84-49BD-9F18-3B09EE5DAAED.jpeg D77AEB69-901F-4CED-AA48-99CE5BCD67BD.jpeg 7B29CAC2-2431-42B5-88C0-F7815E207D7B.jpeg 2C200BE3-3D30-4542-B670-87AEC0DF2A93.jpeg

Yeah I'm liking the Ss brew gear and those conical buckets are so much nicer then handling glass carboys. Cleaning is super easy also. My only complaint really is that one cant actually see whats going on inside anymore with the stainless. :rolleyes:

The bike is a '15 Yamaha WR250R with about 12k miles on it so far. Absolutely love it. Below is a better photo and my 2 classics.. the blue AMC and green stang.

37337841_10155828745609366_2930025684308852736_o.jpg
Ambassador and Mustang.jpg

Looks like you got drawn into the brewing obsession in a major way. Welcome, from Minnesota!

Thanks.. I tend to jump in with both feet deeply. Sometimes its a colossal waste of money but life would be boring without hobbies.

Back