*** Cheapest Online Merchants ***

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirBrewsAlot

Reaction score
Ok, I know we don't brew beer to because its way cheaper than buying it. However, most of us still like to buy the best quality products @ the lowest price available. So does anyone know what the cheapest online merchants are for ingredients w/ shipping factored in ? Thanks

If you are looking for the absolute cheapest, it's going to vary depending on what exactly you are getting. You really need to plug in your orders into the various vendors and see what it spits out for you.

Whoa, that's pretty cool that Brew Master's Warehouse lets you get exactly the amount of LME you want, rather than just predefined increments.

Yeah some places have cheaper hops, some have cheaper grain, some have cheaper gear. i don't think there is any one vendor that is the cheapest for everything. Besides, I don't want cheap, i want quality. To much work to penny pinch (within reason of course).

Midwestsupplies.com is the cheapest with shipping. I have researched may other sites and found this to be true on almost every level. Only other way to get cheaper is if you live near one of these huge suppliers!

Cheers!

I second midwest...but you need to be careful as some items are more expensive but it still pays to bundle it together rather than go to another site for one item and pay their shipping

I have yet to find an online retailer that is cheaper than morebeer.com. that being said, brewmasters warehouse is nearly just as cheap and if im ordering anything less than $59 (morebeer does free shipping for orders $59 or over) I would probably go with brewmasters warehouse. Also the quality of product for morebeer has been very good every time I have ordered from them. It should be taken into account however that I only do extract brewing right now so aside from ordering some specialty grains to steep I really dont know how other sites compare for base grains.

labelpeelers and farmhousebrewing are my go to places for hops - cheap and decent shipping. Hopsdirect is good too. I prefer to DIY most of my gear. I get my grain from a group buy outside DC.

the classifieds section here is a great source for stuff.

oh, if I'm buying only hops I would probably buy them from http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com they have really good prices and I think its $5 flat shipping for just hops. I think there was another website that had great deals on buying hops in bulk (over 1lb) but I cant remember for the life of me what website it was. If i remember I'll post

I find that, while the selection is somewhat limited, Brewmaster's has the best prices for everything but hops. I buy them from fiftypoundsack when I can (their selection is even more limited). I am sure it depends on what kind of recipes your are brewing most often, though.

labelpeelers and farmhousebrewing are my go to places for hops - cheap and decent shipping. Hopsdirect is good too. I prefer to DIY most of my gear. I get my grain from a group buy outside DC.

the classifieds section here is a great source for stuff.

Dammit you beat me too it :cross: I think hopsdirect might have been the website I forgot. Their website looks familiar and their prices are pretty good. Too bad it looks like they are sold out on a lot of stuff

jhorgan1 said:
I think there was another website that had great deals on buying hops in bulk (over 1lb) but I cant remember for the life of me what website it was. If i remember I'll post

http://www.hopsdirect.com/store/domestic-pellet-hops.html
Maybe what you were thinking of. They are sold out of most of the good ones by now, but if you hit them early they are unbeatable (and supposedly a Hopdirect pound is more like 20 oz.)

The cheapest online retailer of homebrew supplies is Craig's list. After that it is going to depend on where you are, what you need and what is on special that day/week/month.

I use Midwest Supplies and Austins. I like Austins flat/free shipping. And their kits make some good brews!

Rebel Brewer has really good prices on hops and grains, with a great selection. Brewmaster's Warehouse is where I go a lot of times too. You really just have to do a comparison...sometimes I switch back and forth between vendors depending on what I get. BMW also does a lot of discounts...so it's best to add up the total on different sites before deciding.

For example, I can get Amarillo at BMW for $2.15/oz and at Rebel Brewer it costs $3.49/oz...over a dollar more per ounce? Not going to happen. But, Rebel Brewer is selling Columbus for $0.89/oz and BMW is selling it for $2.15/oz...so as you can see it depends on the beer and what the overall cost is...

I like brewmaster's as well. If you use their brew builder to put your recipe together, you get 10% off.when you use the promotional code BBBYO. My last hefe was $18, $25 with shipping. Can't beat that! They have an excellent crush too, 86% efficiency on my last batch

Ok, I know we don't brew beer to because its way cheaper than buying it. However, most of us still like to buy the best quality products @ the lowest price available. So does anyone know what the cheapest online merchants are for ingredients w/ shipping factored in ? Thanks

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I prefer my LHBS for most stuff. Shipping is non-existent, and if I decide I want to brew a Vienna Lager tonight, I can just do that.

There are deals for buying in bulk sometimes too, which makes it even cheaper. Did I mention I get corny kegs there for $40 without having to ship anything?

Grizz said:
Yeah but it is 4 x 8lb bags of LME not 1 32lb bag. Great deal!

But they charge actual shipping which brings the price up... Even more if your a east coaster..

Brock's Homebrew in Melbourne Florida has 5 dollar next day shipping anywhere in Florida. Prices are decent too. For Florida brewers living far away from a homebrew store, this guy is a great option.

Hmm, may not be the cheapest, but I tend to use AustinHomebrew.com for almost everything. I feel I can get great kits, decent prices on grains, and the equipment is decent. And free shipping over $100 (I never place an order less than that anyway).

Hmm, may not be the cheapest, but I tend to use AustinHomebrew.com for almost everything. I feel I can get great kits, decent prices on grains, and the equipment is decent. And free shipping over $100 (I never place an order less than that anyway).

+1 Amen to that, my orders are seldom under 100

Just finished placing an order with them a few min ago. Free is the cheapest shipping I can find.

Barnstormer said:
I like brewmaster's as well. If you use their brew builder to put your recipe together, you get 10% off.when you use the promotional code BBBYO. My last hefe was $18, $25 with shipping. Can't beat that! They have an excellent crush too, 86% efficiency on my last batch

I love brewmasterswarehouse, how they label the crushed grains with grain contents as well as your recipe name. I'm glad to hear they have a good crush because I am always wondering about that since I BIAB! I've also enjoyed NB, and Midwestsupplies.

I am looking to order a keg in the next week, I think it might be worth ordering and shipping my recipes from somewhere else since kegconnection has such cheap shipping with exactly what I need.

Barnstormer said:

Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Just placed an order through brewmasters for my next batch.

Back