cheaper prices DME western/central Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most places sell 500g (~1.1 Lb) for around $10. LME is $20 for 1.5 kg. There's one place that sells 500g for abour $4, much better, but their supply is inconsistant.

That store in Brampton looks bloody fantastic... almost limitless hops varieties. It would be nice to find somewhere closer to order from, I imagine its pricey to order from them here.

Jesus christ!! 10$ a pound of extract?!?! its not even worth brewing extract down in saskatoon i imagine. even out where I am now in Fredericton I get better prices then that at the Noble Grape. I think you need to start shipping in from somewheres else if your paying that much.

i doubt its all that expensive for you to order from them either. I can order a bunch of stuff from them out here in NB and its only around 15-20 dollars in shipping.

I know its brutal. I've been doing a lot of kit modifications because I can get them expired and fairly cheap ($12 a can) then I can add some extract/yeast/hops etc w/o totally breaking the bank. Also saves on hops which are rediculous here as well. SO far I havn't encountered any "soapy" tasting cans so I'll keep going with that until I figure out a good place to order from. I'll contact your place out east there and see what there prices are... might make more sense to bring stuff from the states though, it would be much closer potentially.

Anyone know a good place to order from in central or western Canada??

Back