Cheap labels that are not a PITA to get off the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
I have been using Avery address labels printed on my inkjet printer to label my beers. I don't really GAS about what they look like, I just want to label the bottle so I know what is in it. The problem is that the Avery labels are almost as much of a pain to get off as the labels that the original brewery put on when I first bought them.

Any one with suggestions for cheap, printable labels that are easy to remove?

TIA

Lon

You're ahead of me. I would love to label, but haven't started yet. I use swing tops, so I don't like to mark the caps either. My wife had the genius idea of just using different colored rubber bands to differentiate the bottles. Easy on, easy off... as long as I can remember which color means what.

+1 to the plain paper and milk trick. I've done it several times, labels won't even come off in a cooler with ice. Warm water and they slide right off.

I make mine in Word and stick them on with gelatin. Used to do milk, but the gelatin seems to work just a bit better and I think it even makes them waterproof.

When I bottled, I used the Avery 3/4” round labels on the bottle cap, like others have already mentioned.

Thanks to all for the great suggestions. I have ordered some Avery removable inkjet labels....should solve the issue nicely....I had no idea they made such a thing....

Lon

Back