cheap kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmarcdee

Reaction score
Any leads on cheap used kegs?

How is $250 for 5 kegs, shipping included?

I highly recommend checking your local Craigslist once a day too, I stumbled on to 4 ball locks that only set me back $120 a couple days ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

$50 each is about the current rate. I had a local that I found on craigslist at $45 ea. I only went for 2, I wish I had the $$ at the time for more. I haven't seen anything from the source for 6 months or more.

Adventures in home brewing is a pretty good place for kegs. I got a couple of the loose handle/bottom and none even had any loose handles. I got some pin locks for $25 a piece but looks like they're out of stock now. Loose handle ball locks are $40. Even if they were loose, nothing a little jb weld can't fix. $5 flat shipping if you live in michigan, not too sure otherwise tho.

http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

Adventures in home brewing is a pretty good place for kegs. I got a couple of the loose handle/bottom and none even had any loose handles. I got some pin locks for $25 a piece but looks like they're out of stock now. Loose handle ball locks are $40. Even if they were loose, nothing a little jb weld can't fix. $5 flat shipping if you live in michigan, not too sure otherwise tho.

They're a good deal. I bought 2 from them a while ago. Only the bottoms were a little loose. A little Gorilla Glue fixed that!

I think I paid $12 shipping to Illinois total.

OP: Definitely check craigslist first.

Where are you located? I have some ball locks for $40 (if you buy 4 or more) in Cleveland, OH.

Search craigslist for 'keg' then bookmark it. This bookmark can be clicked from the browser or used to create a desktop icon that can be launched whenever.

I just scored 7 ball lock Firestone kegs for $10 each. The guy was surprised I wanted all 7...

$60 a piece at my LHBS. Tax not included.
$60 online mostly and shipping varies.

$50 a piece shipped would be a dream at this point for me.

$60 a piece at my LHBS. Tax not included.
$60 online mostly and shipping varies.

$50 a piece shipped would be a dream at this point for me.

Check for loose handle kegs at the website we're all talking about.

The kegs are still in great shape, and the ones I received were only a little bit loose on the bottom. $39.99 + cheap shipping. A little glue and they were perfect. I paid $12 shipping for 2, and they ship fast. Had mine in 3 days.

For $5 more, they have low profile ball locks(not pin lock conversion). They are super handy, especially if you are putting kegs on compressor humps but want to stick with ball lock. Edit: Looks like they're $49.99 now. Still a decent price.

+1 on Craigslist, but the good deals go fast.

Mind you, $50 seems to be the going rate for native (not converted) ball locks, and if in decent condition including shipping it's quite a bargain. Pin locks can be had for (way) less.

Back